multiple batteries, maybe?

Participant count
  • Participant list

juststartin
10+ year member

ok so im getting ready to dig into my big 3 install and i had a quick question about that before i get into the battery stuff. With the big three uprade, is it a good idea to replace your old factory wires with your new 1/0 gauge, or should you leave your factory wires and just add your new wires? like i seen a couple pics of an install that this guy did and when he ran is wire from alt. to battery, he ran it staight into fuse box, then ran a jumper from fuse box to positive lead on battery. is that a good idea or should i just wire it staight from alt. to battery? ok... now on to the batteries, i was going add some secondary batteries and before i did i wanted to get some opinions. i was going to install 2 khc 1800 batteries to power my 2 orion 1200D amps. one amp for one battery. i was going to run leads from starting battery positive and negative to the secondary amps. no grounds with the amps or batteries, just wire everything staight to battery, and hook up my leads from starting battery. is that a good idea or am i missing something. also, would the khc 1800's be too much for those amps? should i get 2 khc 1200 instead/ i just want to make sure i can get full power to my amps no matter what.

also i do have an aftermarket alt. bolted up, but it has same specs as my stock alt. i think it is like 120 or 140a alt. i had to buy factory alt. because i the time i had warranty on my truck for my loan on my truck so i couldnt change factory setup

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.