muh new buildlog...

That thing looks beastly. Nice work! Very Clean indeed. Also, I didnt realize your from Tinley. Im right next to you in Orland. Im running a Single 3510 and I must say, I love DD.

umm...read? he said half the weight.

anyways, it looks good but will the bedliner not impede airflow being its a bumpy surface?
naaah i didnt use the herculiner stuff, i used something else. it comes out smooth on the inside. a lot easier to work with vs resin...and from my testing there was 0 db difference on the meter with bedliner vs resin.

jus threw another coat of polyurethane on it, and it is infact looking sweet as hell..i'll throw another coat on later tonight after my works xmas party (yeah its past xmas, dont ask)

more peectures...

here is the box before the final layer of polyurethane, lookin pretty spiffy and shiny if ya ask me:

DSC00039.jpg

DSC00041-1.jpg

I love the look and feel of polyurethane. The blue stain isn't doing much for me though.

What are you using to apply the polyurethane? Can you get some more really close shots at some point?

I love the look and feel of polyurethane. The blue stain isn't doing much for me though.
What are you using to apply the polyurethane? Can you get some more really close shots at some point?
eh the blue matches my car color pretty close, and i didn't want to do the traditional just wood colored stain. i'll get some close ups tomorrow after this coat dries.

ahhh it matches your car, and your eyes:naughty:
my eyes? my eyes are brown...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif :uhoh:

eh the blue matches my car color pretty close, and i didn't want to do the traditional just wood colored stain. i'll get some close ups tomorrow after this coat dries.

my eyes? my eyes are brown...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif :uhoh:
I thought you had a black expedition or something... If it matches, that's cool, I just prefer darker stains but hey, it isn't my box. The stain looks pretty even and nice though. Your polyurethane job seems to have less rough spots than mine but it could very well be the pictures. Did you use a spray-on polyurethane?

Your polyurethane job seems to have less rough spots than mine but it could very well be the pictures. Did you use a spray-on polyurethane?
theres a few spots on it that are eh but for the most part its good enough for me.

and i brushed it on with a foam brush.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

TypeRBass

10+ year member
Walls are for wussies
TypeRBass
Tinley Park, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date