Mufflers

dont go to midas (expensive junk) we have small shops in indiana (top value muffler) and they were 190 dollars less than midas............. same warranty too

i forget the name but they actually have a "speaker" in them that produces a negative sound to that which you exhaust lets out ..i have heard it makes your car silent to -10db but to this day i havent seen one knowingly

just get a real muffler that has only like a 3" tip on it. don't get some glasspack piece of crap, or a straight-thru muffler that doesn't muffle anything. go to some custom exhaust shop and just tell them you want something quiet....they'll hook you up.

i find that aftermarket mufflers are loud, annoying, and useless. unless you get a whole cat-back, theres no point in a "loud, open muffler". that being said, i prefer to stay with stock parts. my accord's exhaust is very quiet. nad like darkimportgrey said, get a muffler with a small tip (3" or even 2.5")

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

91Sunbird

10+ year member
91Sunbird
St. Joseph,MO
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from