mtx8000 vs alpine type r

My OPINON is to go with the MTX 8000s. They sound great and are high quality. The Type Rs were never realy very popular until The Fast and the Furious came out. This is true in my area. I've heard them and they are not outstanding but there okay.

i think either would be loud off that amp, but as i know little of the type r's i'll second rangerman. the mtx'sr good subs and should do u a good job

for me... SPL, go for MTX..

SQ, go for Alpine...

i not saying that alpine are no match in SPL, **** Alpine makes good stuff but.. i just see alpine as the one to use for Sound Quality..

I have 2 12" Alpine type-r with a PG Tantrum 500.2 they hit hard and low. I would go with the Alpine Type-R. I had MTX 8000 and they ******.

I had MTX 8000 and they ******.
For you to say that a quality name like MTX *****, is kinda like saying that you don't know what you are talking about. MTX has some very good top of the line car audio equipment. Maybe you got a defected sub, or maybe your setup wasn't done right. But to just go out and say they ****, is totally wrong. Anyhow, I think you will be fine going with either sub, I would have to say the 8000 will definitely put out some SPL, i'd have to give the SQ edge to Alpine. But overall I'd go with the 8000, you won't be dissapointed.

Originally posted by Unregistered I have 2 12" Alpine type-r with a PG Tantrum 500.2 they hit hard and low. I would go with the Alpine Type-R. I had MTX 8000 and they ******.
There is no way that you had the 8000s. Thay don't **** and I can't think of an MTX product that has. IF you ever had them, you probaly got them from a flea market or something!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

have you seen the newmtx8000's? the surround looks chrome. they look sweet, probably made a little better in quality[hopefully]overall.MTXdoes not ****, trust me;)i had the old model pointe series sub, 2 12'' and they pounded kid!!!

Put the Alpine's in the right size box with the right power, then do the same with the MTX, I can assure you that the Type R's will be louder than the MTX. I like MTX and all of their products, but the Type R's that I heard, MTX couldn't touch them

they are both great subs the 8000 bump pretty **** hard but if thats waht ya want id get the mtx if ya want some sq id go more towards the type R they are a sweet all around subs and have better sq then the 8000's if i was buyin one though id go with the alpine type R

my personal experience is that all alpine componets are way overrated. i have invested $125 in my road gear system and could not be happier. plus, when they blow, you just have the short drive to wal-mart to buy a brand spankin' new 50watt bass powerplant.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.