mtx vs rockford

Team Milf

ohio
I have 4 mtx 8000's and it absolutely slams.I have them hooked up to two 2000 watts rms at 2 ohms amps and i want a sub that can handle more power i think i might go with the rockford fosgate power hx2 but i also might go with an mtx rfl15 and get rid of one of the amps.Does anyone outhere have some advice for me.

lol yup try a digital designs sub, idmax , or a kove armogedon, i have heard 150+ db levels ( on dash measured by liner x and audio control meters) out of all of these.....talking a pair too. and they were not even pushing them totally...another sub for consideration is a shocker my friend chris norris was doing 170 with three 15's but in a ridiculous sized box with monster vents

(talking 3/4 the size of a ford ranger bed)

first im gonna answer your question, personaly... if im gonna choose between RF and MTX... its RF i say.. im not saying MTX in inferior than RF, MTX are great subs but its always been RF for me...

also, i think you should consider audiolife's advice..why not have a look at other brands such as kicker an JLs, Digital designs

DD will a good choice for you taking it to consideation that you have 2 power amps

(this are just my opinions and advices)

I personally like MTX better. I've seen 2 8000s shatter the rear glass in an Expedition. I've never really been that impresses with RF, b/c they have a high opinion of their stuff (it's way over priced) and it is just not worth the money.

Just my input

L8ER

RM

i like the hx2's ( have a pair myself), i've heard the rfl is like the stroker, burp and that's it! anyway out of the two u listed the hx2's far and away, yet ........

that DD is a MONSTER! i wish i had the room and the pocket book for a couple!!

let's not forget treo's, or that adire brahma 12!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.