MTX terminator dual 12" subwoofers vented box smelly voice coils?

its a ported box. theres a vent on the right side of it that goes horizontally through it. its just not visible from the angle i took the photo

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C32KMRM this model

71tN3Aw82mL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No? that makes no sense. I dont live in russia?? im in south carolina orangeburg. a real place. No need for name calling either.

I dont make troll posts!

Did you even read what I typed and seen the image I posted?
I really don't don't know what you're referring to (name calling)  guess you're not going to tell me.

I'll give ya a participation trophy hopefully that'll make up for any feelings that may of gotten hurt plus you can call me whatever you want. I can handle it. I'm not big p#ssy.

I really don't don't know what you're referring to (name calling)  guess you're not going to tell me.

I'll give ya a participation trophy hopefully that'll make up for any feelings that may of gotten hurt plus you can call me whatever you want. I can handle it. I'm not big p#ssy.
hes talking about you calling him a troll. he might be trolling, but might not as stated before. 

OP take pics of your caps and the mods youve done to your box if you want the t-word to stop.

These forums can get pretty abrasive when the members think we are being trolled, and we know that there are several ex-members that would come back and post some stuff like you are saying (no offense) just to piss us off

also, we all genuinely want to help where we can, but you need to understand that when we say something, its not a brand preference thing (usually), but moreso a "this just aint gonna work how you make it sound like you want it to" kind of thing, and arguing with us on it is a bad idea

hes talking about you calling him a troll. he might be trolling, but might not as stated before. 

OP take pics of your caps and the mods youve done to your box if you want the t-word to stop.

These forums can get pretty abrasive when the members think we are being trolled, and we know that there are several ex-members that would come back and post some stuff like you are saying (no offense) just to piss us off

also, we all genuinely want to help where we can, but you need to understand that when we say something, its not a brand preference thing (usually), but moreso a "this just aint gonna work how you make it sound like you want it to" kind of thing, and arguing with us on it is a bad idea
Happy trolling kiddo is name calling? Idk what name calling is anymore. 

You're probably wasting your time at this point he's probably too busy repairing drywall from all that wall shaking bass to comment 

Happy trolling kiddo is name calling? Idk what name calling is anymore. 

You're probably wasting your time at this point he's probably too busy repairing drywall from all that wall shaking bass to comment 
dude, lets all pray that he doesnt discover the funky pups. He might be irresponsible enough to hook them up to even 1 watt. ONE WATT!!! Thats enough to level a city block!. He would likely replace the terminators and leave them in that prefab and still liquefy all passersby within a 90' radius

dude, lets all pray that he doesnt discover the funky pups. He might be irresponsible enough to hook them up to even 1 watt. ONE WATT!!! Thats enough to level a city block!. He would likely replace the terminators and leave them in that prefab and still liquefy all passersby within a 90' radius
Maybe they really are funky pups behind those dust caps? Did you see the size of the surrounds?

The OP clearly has the TNE212DV terminator box, which is indeed rated for 500W per sub.

Entry level MTX in a modified prefab box is less than ideal, but I would expect them to handle that amount of power.

I'm surprised none of you geniuses posting bothered mentioning that it is perfectly normal for new subs to smell for the first little while, while the varnish on the VC windings bakes on...

I'm surprised none of you geniuses posting bothered mentioning that it is perfectly normal for new subs to smell for the first little while, while the varnish on the VC windings bakes on...
im surprised that you didnt come to the same conclusion that the rest of us did which is that smelly subs at that entry level means youre killing them. if it was a bad ass sub and it got smelly at a specific freq when he was in the lanes, none of us would be alarmed. That isnt the case. Its a entry level pair of subs that he modified the ported box for and theyre gettin smelly. Not a good sign....

im surprised that you didnt come to the same conclusion that the rest of us did which is that smelly subs at that entry level means youre killing them. if it was a bad ass sub and it got smelly at a specific freq when he was in the lanes, none of us would be alarmed. That isnt the case. Its a entry level pair of subs that he modified the ported box for and theyre gettin smelly. Not a good sign....

The OP should follow youdoofus; and what she is saying about frequencies...

Frequency

Assured

Guidelines

When you think about youdoofus, think F.A.G. and you will never blow your subwoofers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The OP should follow youdoofus; and what she is saying about frequencies...

Frequency

Assured

Guidelines

When you think about youdoofus, think F.A.G. and you will never blow your subwoofers.
ooooh ****! haha... let the games begin, 2 men enter 1 man leaves...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.