MS-8 broke, is this similar?

Participant count
  • Participant list

npcout
10+ year member

PA
This is my second MS-8 unit that broke in less than a year. After speaking with JBL the first time, they said the issue is not fixable, and sent me out a replacement for free. Now my replacement did the same thing 6 months later. Called JBL, again it is not a fixable issue and they no longer have replacement units.

I prefer to keep my OEM setup in my new car, but it looks like my only real option to enhance sound quality is to buy an aftermarket head unit. Is this an MS-8 replacement? Is there anything else available? Anything a little cheaper? I have a 4 channel amp and mono.

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3 (3SIXTY3) Signal Processor 248 Band EQ

I also questioned the JL Cleansweep at the car audio place I use.. they always told me they are not entirely impressed with it.

A JL FiX interface into whatever DSP you want would be a decent setup. New cars usually have some things going on with the audio signal that require correction, and if there it uses time delays then 3Sixty.3 won't do the job well enough.

A JL FiX interface into whatever DSP you want would be a decent setup. New cars usually have some things going on with the audio signal that require correction, and if there it uses time delays then 3Sixty.3 won't do the job well enough.
Thanks, appreciate it. I ended up just purchasing a pioneer avh5800. After evaluating the functions id loose, I honestly dont really use em. Plus, the pioneer unit is giving me other functions I actually dont have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.