mounting amps on boxs.....

Personally I never mount my amp to my box. I suppose if I absolutely had to I would try to put at the very least some rubber spacers in there. BTW....that amp is

HUGE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/titanic.gif.8089b7552c370bcc138aa121756d0c0b.gif

I know people do it all the time, but... part of my job as an environmental test engineer was to do vibration testing on military electronics and I can attest to what damage 21Hz can do over time to an assembly that wasn't designed to take it.

if your box is built right the box should not be vibrating anyways, but if you really need to install it on the box why not put another layer of wood with deadeaner in the middle of the wood and the box so this will take the vibration instead of the amp

thanks for the help. yea the amp is HUGE! lol. unfortunately SO IS MY BOX lol housing 2 12 inch macdaddys. the and subs are heavy as ****, not to mention the amp lol. i feel its sturdy and shouldnt rattle or anything. i like the idea of mounting it on a piece of wood and deadener to the box... but i think im going to use rubber spacers instead, maybe 2 eith a washer in between to help capture any vibrations. due to the size of the box and amp, and the small size of my trunk(03 wrx) I dont see it working any other way:( open to any and all suggestions. feel free to tell me no and im wrong and its a ****** idea.. because thats kinda why i asked lol

got any suggestions? would i loose a whole lot of bass going from 2 macdaddys at 300 watts each to 1 with 450-600 watts?
not necessarily.because your changing the airflow and box size and trunk size. but the only way to really know is to test it.

can you fab up a amp rack that does not mount to the box?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.