Most boom for the square area

Participant count
  • Participant list

Owen Lewis

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm putting a box under my bench seat in the back of my extended cab truck from subthump or sound off audio. Which would give me the best output in this limited space.

2 down firing 12s (kicker l7s) SEALED

4 front firing 8s (sundown x v2) PORTED

I think that they offer a 10 ported but I'm not sure. But I'm not sure they are able to make the port large enough to keep the port noise down for the 4 8s.

Should I just get 2 12 l7s sealed or hope for the best for the 4 8s. (Maybe the 2 10s ported also).

What vehicle? I highly doubt you have the room to properly utilize either setup.

Subthump boxes are good, I run one myself, but they dont magically make air space. The L7 12s need about 1.5cubes each to work correctly and the 4 eights will need 2.25-2.5 cubes total and a good bit of space for the port

facing forward or towards ceiling.

I tried the down firing and I noticed the loss of bass from a X10 when I turned it on its side to fire forward.

The type of music you listen to will also help determine box setup.

Last edited by a moderator:
2005 GMC 2500 extend cab. Just going off of their specs it should have enough air space for the kickers sealed. I was wanting to go with the kicker set up just to keep them protected from peoples feet in the backseat if I went with the 4 8s.

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Custom-Subwoofer-Boxes/Chevy-Silverado-and-GMC-Sierra-Extended-And-Double-Cab-Sub-Enclosures-by-Subthump/99-06-GM-Extended-Cab-Ultra-Deep-MAXX-Dual-1012-Downfire-Box-NEW.html 

But it it's gonna sound like **** I'll go with the 8s but don't know it it'll be practical

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/1999-2006-silverado-ext-cab-quad-8-vented-box/

2005 GMC 2500 extend cab. Just going off of their specs it should have enough air space for the kickers sealed. I was wanting to go with the kicker set up just to keep them protected from peoples feet in the backseat if I went with the 4 8s.

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Custom-Subwoofer-Boxes/Chevy-Silverado-and-GMC-Sierra-Extended-And-Double-Cab-Sub-Enclosures-by-Subthump/99-06-GM-Extended-Cab-Ultra-Deep-MAXX-Dual-1012-Downfire-Box-NEW.html 

But it it's gonna sound like **** I'll go with the 8s but don't know it it'll be practical

https://www.soundoffaudio.com/1999-2006-silverado-ext-cab-quad-8-vented-box/
Kicker downfire idea is horrible. The 2nd idea, those premade sub boxes are designed like sh*T for sound performance wise, too little port area aka port too damn small and you want an actual loading wall meaning with a port, you need a solid wall in the vehicle to bounce off of meaning port needs to fire towards your passenger door. 

Watch this video, This is your exact car done right. If you have wood, build the box yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.