Morel vs kicker

Are the Morel Tempo Ultra and KICKER Q even in the same league? The kicker is more expensive. did they step up their game to compete with Morel?
Have you taken the time to look at both specifications of each subwoofer that you are looking at to compare with?? I would start there

Are the Morel Tempo Ultra and KICKER Q even in the same league? The kicker is more expensive. did they step up their game to compete with Morel?
You are comparing Kicker's most expensive component set to one of Morel's lower budget lines.
With that said I'd take the Morel's out of the two mentioned..

By the 6.5” component specs of both it appears the morels take an additional 30w and play down to 55hz
The qs play to 40hz.
The xovers are pretty big on the qs. Maybe it’s just the pic.
My opinion is those sets are in the same class.
A person cannot spend $1200 on kicker components but could on morels.

I'm guessing he's looking at components, but subs, but could be wrong.
Im sure you are correct. I assumed subs by nature being a Basshead 👀 👀 :poop: . didnt even cross my mind. That expensive of components. Id throw in to take a look at the Hertz Mille series components. Some of the best Ive ever heard on a Gladden amp

Have you taken the time to look at both specifications of each subwoofer that you are looking at to compare with?? I would start there
Specs don't tell the whole story. Look at the specs of a focal component vs a basic kicker component. You can spend $150 and get a kicker with better frequency response and power handling capacity (even after adjusting for sensitivity).

I have heard both and current have the Tempo ultra myself. The Kicker Q class is nothing special and it really is not a great speaker for most people. That’s why very few people have them. In fact I have only know one person. I will explain in detail. The sensitivity rating is very low, and they are a higher rms speakers. You have to run a lot of power to them and they really don’t get that loud. You would have to push around a 150 rms to the old ones to get adequate power. They also are very deep in depth and the tweeters also. They really don’t sound great in my experience at least not at that price point. I would tell anyone to just run the kicker KS line if they are set on kicker components.

Any Morel speaker sets that utilize the AcuFlex coated 1 1/8" silk dome tweeters usually wins out over the same priced, same type (i.e. silk to silk, alloy to alloy) comparisons, every day and twice on Sunday, at least that is what I have found. That AcuFlex silk dome is what the company is famous for, aside from other things, but in a big way, that hand coated tweeter, one of the best available. If you are going to spend that kind of $$, go out and find them and listen to them, otherwise your buying based on someone else’s ear/taste. Believe it or not, I actually listened to the Moerl you list here, against some similarly priced Focal AND the Pioneer TS-Z65CH components and was blown away that the Pioneers held their own. At $299 a pair, I bought them – just could not hear enough of a difference that I liked for the difference in $$ they asked to justify the others. Now the Morel units that had that AcuFlex coated tweeter, they took everything up several notches. If I had the $$, I would have purchased those hands down.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...