Morel Elate 6 2W Active help.

got-one-eight
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I currently have my Morel Elate 6 2W Bi-amped but would like to go full active. I plan on using the active optoin on the 9887. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should setup the cutoffs? I think the passive db slope but not sure where the mid stop and the tweeter starts. I was guessing around 3.5K but didnt want to assume. Thx for any advice.

I currently have my Morel Elate 6 2W Bi-amped but would like to go full active. I plan on using the active optoin on the 9887. Does anyone have any recommendations on how I should setup the cutoffs? I think the passive db slope but not sure where the mid stop and the tweeter starts. I was guessing around 3.5K but didnt want to assume. Thx for any advice.
See if you can contact morel and find out the stock crossover points. They should be able to give you the info directly.

The crossover point of the Elate 6 separate set is 1800 Hz. Great set of speakers. I run mine active with a 12db slope. Works pretty well.

Start with 2khz and mess around with it. I LOVE my 9853 because of all the **** crossover points. My tweets were crossed a little under 4khz. Since then i transfered my stuff to my work truck and run coaxils up front and they are crossed at 150hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I noticed the sound got a bit sharp and kinda sounds like its firing out of a tin can. I am playing around to get it close as I can then EQ from there. Not sure if there was any overlap between the mid and high. Website says 1800hz and no info from there. Radio can adjust the low of the tweeter and high of the mid independent of each other so I have a lot to play with. First "Active" setup I have played with.

not really you are still trying to match em on the dot.. why do you want to go active..?
Regardless of matching them or not they are Active. I am just looking for a starting point and was trying to get them as close to where they were as I could and also didn't want to over drive the tweeter and kill it. A post with some advice would be much more helpful. Oh, forgot to mention one of my passive is causing my amp to go into protection mode at random times. I bypassed it to go active and not a single problem since. No issues when they werent bi-amped but whats odd is that when I hooked up the mid only in bi-amp mode I still got a tiny bit of sound coming through to the tweeter even though the jumpers were removed. This might be what was throwing the amp into protection mode at random times. Atleast now I have the ability to play with raw drivers and just have fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure why but hte higher I crossed them the better they sounded. At 4khz the system sounds more full and the tweeter got its smoothness back. I am still learning all of this and its been fun playing around with the settings. Alpine kinda puts a fail safe in so you dont blow your tweets on accident. Low as you can go wtih them is 1khz and a 6db slope which I am sure can do damage to some tweets... least they dont let it go flat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.