More MPG outta my car after installing H/O Alternator

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jeffdachef
5,000+ posts

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
soo i just noticed instead of 220-230 miles per tank on average, i'm getting 260ish on average now, car's a little more responsive when i need to floor it now too, even with the added weight.

Can a lack of amperage power actually be that much of a drain on your car's overall performance?

^^^ On a newer vehicle that is completely dependent on electrical power to function - Yes it is possible... Your electrical system is working much more efficiently now & your vehicle is reaping the benefits... Will this be the same case for others? Maybe, maybe not...

Possibly, I have a 2009 Corolla, and mostly everything is electric.

After I've installed a system, the I've noticed that my mpg has been going down.

Before the system 30-32 City and 36-38 Highway.

After system 25-26 City and 34-36 Highway.

I'm installing my HO Alternator soon when the production is finished (3-4 weeks), and if it does make my mpg better I will inform you (If I remember).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.