Monitor and PS2 possibility?

Participant count
  • Participant list

CONSOLIDATED
10+ year member

Where I'm From.
VA
Well, I've decided I'm going to put a monitor in my dash. I don't want to cut up anything, unless I can get spare pieces from a junkyard, or buy them somewhere.

I'm thinking right here is my best bet:

conceptmonitorsmall9lm.jpg

That's what the console looks like when the car is in drive, by the way. I have a stock electrical system, and only plan on getting a yellowtop. No alternator. So, I'm probably not going to use the monitor a lot without the engine running. Plus it makes it easier for the passengers in the back to see, though they're still gonna have it rough. Oh well, its not for them anyway. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Since I already have a PS2, and never play it, I think I'm going to save myself a couple hundred bucks and use that as the player. I've got two questions about the PS2.

1. Where should I put it?

It won't fit in my glove compartment, and under the seat doesn't sound very convenient for changing games/movies. Especially without a passenger to do it for me. I can also see the disc tray getting a foot through it by a not so intelligent passenger, and believe me, I have plenty.

2. How do you get power to the PS2, and how do you wire that to your speakers? Do I take the PS2 video and audio signal cable, split up the audio to the HU's auxillary and the video to the monitor?

I'm tryin to make my questions easy to understand, but I can get caught up with things and expect people to know what I'm thinking, so if anythings confusing let me know.

Thanks for any help.

And yeah, that would be my stock HU. My 9853 isn't here yet, and I sold the Panasonic from my first car that I had here earlier, and reinstalled the stock HU for the time being.

well that would be ur best bet if want an stealth and professonial look. It would look great. But you have to fiberglass it in that spot. To run the sound you need to use an fm modulator or the aux jacks on ur headunit. To get power to it can use ur indash lighter. go to a local game store and ask them about it they kno. But the best place to put it would be under the seat cus it will hard for you to acess it through the driver seat anyway cus it is so big. If this is confusing then i am sorry i am in a big hurry.

I hope this helps.

don't use your in dash lighter... tacky... use the power inverter, cut off the lighter plug and run actual power/ground wires.

Jacko, do you mean cut the power from my car to the car light plug and just attach that to the PS2?

Or do you mean take the power inverter you can get for the PS2, and cut the lighter plug off that, and run it somewhere? If so, run it to what?

And I figured out where I'm going to put the PS2, provided there are no real problems. I'm going to buy a set of seat brackets or something like them and build a rack for the PS2, so it can slide out from under the seat, making it easier to change the games and whatnot. I'm thinking I could also fiberglass the PS2 to the rack at a small upwards angle or something. I'm still thinking about that, but I like the rolling out part. It would make it a lot easier to use (for the passenger) than trying to find a disc tray you cant even see, and then change the discs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

CONSOLIDATED

10+ year member
Where I'm From.
CONSOLIDATED
VA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date