moe lester/12w6v2

Participant count
  • Participant list
from my experience, the plan that JL has worked really good for my brohter.

i didnt build him the exact box that JL posts on their website but one with similar properties. that box is about 1.5 cubic feet tuned to 32thz.

he is running about 450wRMS.

from mo lesters plans i would go with something like the 1.6 @ 32htz.

I listen mostly to R&B,rap and jazz. I would like for it to be sq and spl.Its driven by a PG 200.4. Its in a seal box now(JL spec :sounds great),but I would like to have both sealed and ported to see difference and plus after building my first box,Its kind of fun.Should I just use JL's specs.I thought about ML plans because it seems like everybody says TUNE LOW.

stick with something between 1.5 to 1.75 in the area of 31 to 33 htz.

moe's plans arn't arn't specifically 'low' as far as tuning goes. they are some high ones and some low ones in there. it all depends on the woofer you have and the type of installation you want to achieve.

my W6 is in a 1.35 sealed box now and i love it, but as i stated earlier my brothers is in a 1.5 @ 32htz box. mine sound a little cleaner but his does hit quite a bit harder.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.