modifying prefab boxes

is it simple to remove all the carpet from a prefab box..... i wanna strip the carpet and do black vinyl...how would i take off the carpet without damaging the box
Probably be very difficult. All the fabric will be glued down so you will have a ***** of a time getting it off.

Prefab's carpet is usually next to impossible to get off, though i'm sure there is some chemical that would help you. My vote would be to just build a new one, may set you back 30 bucks.

it's not too hard. only thing is somtimes they add a thin peice of partical board wraped in carpet to some sides, u just haveto take carpet off until you reach that point thenrip that thin board off, the way i stripped my carpet was, took a razor blade made some slice then started to pull, after all the carpet wa off I tooa finishing sander to takeoff any left behind crap..I didn't wrap mine in vinyl or carpet, I jut needed clean surfaces so i can cut the box shorter, it' only my"for mean time" box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.