Mobile DVR/4-Camera set up

Participant count
  • Participant list

vegaskat

Vegas
I am installing a Mobile stand-alone DVR and eventually will have 4 cameras. The DVR and cameras are 12 volt; as is the 7" LCD monitor. I want everything powered from the trunk with the possible exception of the monitor and front camera. What would be the best way to get power there? I have a 2000 Taurus which has the radio in the trunk, but I'm not sure if I can draw power at the radio. Also how critical is it to have a "car" hard drive in the DVR? They are rather pricey compared to "normal" hard drives, is it worth it? Any one have experience with automotive cameras? I know this is Car Audio, but I'm bleeding edge again and didn't know where else to ask.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

I have actually been looking into this muself.. I've found a couple DVRs for that car that are motion activated and record to mini sd cards. It seems like a really good idea to me. They are fairly inexpensive and realitively simple to install. Here is a link to some of the ones I have been looking at. The dual channel one will let you have two cameras so if you want four, just buy two..

http://www.asianwolf.com/covert-recording-devices.html

As far as the hard drives ar concerned, I'm not to familiar with those setups and their pricing. I think these would do what you want them to do and save you some moeny at the same time. Hope I helped..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.