Mobile App

How often do you use the Internet with your mobile phone?

• Alot (everyday)

Votes: 27 87.1%
  • Some

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

administrator
Administrator

Little man on campus
We were discussing earlier maybe installing Tapatalk, or some sort of mobile app, for easier site viewing and had pretty good feedback on it. As you might not realize however, Tapatalk is a paid app, that costs $2.99 to download for each user.

Then, a couple weeks ago, the forum developers had said they were going to be introducing a iphone/android app for release this week, to be comparable with Tapatalk. I was going to try that out, since it would most likely be a free app for everyone. But this weekend they halted it, for an unknown reason, possibly the fact that they can't distribute it for free, not sure.

Anyway, I wanted to get more feedback on how often you use the site, or the internet for the matter (since we don't have a mobile app), using your phone. Feedback is also appreciated.

my phone wont even log in to this website properly any more... probably its just outdated s/w - i can literally seen in plain text my user id AND password when I put it in at the upper right corner. It will fail there, then bring me to the "1 out of 5" attempts used, where I will then be able to put my id and p/w in correctly and work... plus this page loads god awfully slow on my phone (us cellular). Alot of us are obsessed with this site LoL

I cruze it a bit on the phone.....I have tapatalk....and personally I hate it. I would rather come right to the site, and see whats happening as I see it on the comp.

my phone wont even log in to this website properly any more... probably its just outdated s/w - i can literally seen in plain text my user id AND password when I put it in at the upper right corner. It will fail there, then bring me to the "1 out of 5" attempts used, where I will then be able to put my id and p/w in correctly and work... plus this page loads god awfully slow on my phone (us cellular). Alot of us are obsessed with this site LoL
That is probably the case. What phone is it, if you don't mind?

I agree.. even a full connection on wifi is a little slower than other websites..

I cruze it a bit on the phone.....I have tapatalk....and personally I hate it. I would rather come right to the site, and see whats happening as I see it on the comp.
Interesting point. Those that do have the latest webkit related phones, like android and iphone can view the site just fine. Just have to get used to the smaller screen. I guess it comes down to preference.

That is probably the case. What phone is it, if you don't mind?
Samsung Delve - I was able to log in successfully a month or three ago using the old normal way, now I pass it up due to latency and that login problem.

I have no issues with this site on my phone what so ever. I prefer viewing this site as I would from any pc. tapatalk is nice in some cases, but not my preference.

I have an EVO and it loads just fine(not slow in anyway even when I'm not in 3G or 4G).

A lot of it depends on your network connection. Wifi is sometimes slow....but who knows who I am using. When I am on 3g service it is just as fast as my home connection on my pc. I have no issues enlarging the site on my iphone either to see the smaller stuff up close. At least I can see pics of gear.

I use ca.com on my phone all the time... and it is so d@mn frustrating when you accidentally click something next to what your intended target was cuz everythings pretty small (and zooming in gets tiresome), so you have to go back which takes a while then go to your intended destination which takes more time... I personally like Tapatalk very much; everything loads much faster than using the mobile site (for caco and some subaru forums at least) and the interface is very finger-friendly.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...