mmats or w7?

Killa sin
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
florida
Right now I have 2 12" mmats pro-casts ported with a jbl 1200.1 powerin them. I'm getting a new car soon so I was thinking about getting a 13w7 porting it and using the same amp. How will the two setups compare in SPL and SQ? I was at a comp last weekend and I saw an explorer with 3 13w7's with jl 1000/1 on each and it only hit a 143 and I hit a 147 with my system. There had to be something wrong with the explorers setup.

most of jls subs are real picky about enclosure size- ive seen a lot of their subs in enclosures that make a lot of mechanical "wiffing" noise because the boxes are too small- ive heard a setup with a 12w0 (with 250/1) sound worlds better than 2 10w7s (with 500/1s each) because of enclosure size- ive heard a decent amount of subs- and the w7 is my sub of choice- but they are ridiculously expensive.

-pat

Dude with the 3 13's must be like a freaking stupid ass idiot. He should at least hit 150. Man its sad when people spend ass loads of money on stuff and dont even know how to use it lol :-D

Definately go with the 13W7 man. I could not be happier with mine. Ive got it in a ported box with a 1000/1 goin to it and it hit 147.8 with a mic on the dash. I guess that guys install just ****** really really bad. But anyway I blew out my old 13W7 so Im getting a brand new one back and Im selling it with the box if your interested. Email me at Dawgs396@aol.com . I really really wanna keep it but I need money now for college, so hit me up and ill give you a good price cause I know how expensive a new one can be, mine cost $950 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif plus tax! Even though I paid that much its worth it man, I dont have one regret about this sub, Id definatly go for it. True story. I had my back seats up in my A4, but they didnt click into place, and when I was puling out of my driveway the power from the sub knocked them down. I mean it feels like I have a massage chair in my car cause it rattles the whole thing....but that **** bass boost blew it...

Yea the W7 is a tight sub, but really expensive and if not in the right enclosure with the right amp it will sound like crap. As far as your amp goes, i dont think it will be enough power for the w7, you need atleast a solid 1000 to play it right. The procasts are tight, but no comparison to a w7.

PS, find out who that dude was with the 3 w7s and smack him for me because he should be shot and have those subs taken away from him for being so stupid..

Definately go with the 13W7 man. I could not be happier with mine. Ive got it in a ported box with a 1000/1 goin to it and it hit 147.8 with a mic on the dash. I guess that guys install just ****** really really bad. But anyway I blew out my old 13W7 so Im getting a brand new one back and Im selling it with the box if your interested. Email me at Dawgs396@aol.com . I really really wanna keep it but I need money now for college, so hit me up and ill give you a good price cause I know how expensive a new one can be, mine cost $950 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif plus tax! Even though I paid that much its worth it man, I dont have one regret about this sub, Id definatly go for it. True story. I had my back seats up in my A4, but they didnt click into place, and when I was puling out of my driveway the power from the sub knocked them down. I mean it feels like I have a massage chair in my car cause it rattles the whole thing....but that **** bass boost blew it...
what mic did u hit it on.curious is i.

Dude with the 3 13's must be like a freaking stupid ass idiot. He should at least hit 150. Man its sad when people spend ass loads of money on stuff and dont even know how to use it lol :-D
ull like this one chris.....2 12 w6v2 with a 500/1 to each hit lower than my friends 2 12" l7's in a sealed box w/ a el1500 powering both..lets see..thats 500 to 2 l7's...and 1000 to 2 w6v2's...hmm somethings wrong here

Yeah termlab sounds right. The guy mounted it on my dash, which he said should be 1-2DB's louder becasue the air both vibrates off the windshield and is being pushed into it at the same time. I raed an article about that in some science magazine while waiting for the dentist. How in a SPL comp. the placement of the mike can change the DB reaing by up to 7. So try moutning yours on the dash and see what you hit, with a ported XXX it shoudl be sick...

Yeah termlab sounds right. The guy mounted it on my dash, which he said should be 1-2DB's louder becasue the air both vibrates off the windshield and is being pushed into it at the same time. I raed an article about that in some science magazine while waiting for the dentist. How in a SPL comp. the placement of the mike can change the DB reaing by up to 7. So try moutning yours on the dash and see what you hit, with a ported XXX it shoudl be sick...
yea i know where the mic is makes all the diff.i cant wait for the comp in a few days

actually center dash is one of the hardest places to hit for spl, that is why alot of sactions do it. The two places where your car will be the loudest are:

If you place the mic in the port it will go wild //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Or on the passenger floor near the kick panel. So if you have a choice in mic placement, put it on the floor and youll hit about 3 DB louder than the dash.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.