MK6 GTI Dual Dayton Ultimax. Ported? Bandpass? 6th order

Participant count
  • Participants list

MikeyMK6

CarAudio.com Newbie
Canada
Hey Everyone, how are y’all? Day going good? Just checkin in on ya :)

I’m new here so I’ll start off with the build section first and then the question I have

Vehicle : 2013 Volkswagen GTI

Location in the vehicle: rear hatch

Space available (L 41 inches x W 16 inches x H 14.5 or 14 1/2):

Subwoofer make and model: Dayton Audio Ultimax 10” (part listing official: UM10-23)

Subwoofer Size: 10”

Number of Subwoofers: 2x

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): not sure (will be in question)

What type of music do you like?: oof, I know you guys get this a lot...but everything. Country like sturgill simpson, to like heavy metal like Gojira, some old bands like Rush and Ye. But also modern low house music, like kaskade. But not rap.

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: a balance between both

Tuning Freq (Hz):

Volume : Unsure

now to my question. To be honest. I’m still a beginner when it comes to speaker design. I’ve build sealed home theatre subs in the past with the help of winisd.
But I need something absolutely kickin in my gti, I had an extra ultimax laying around and I figure “why not buy another, drop it down to 1ohm at 1200rms on my Pioneer 9701.”

But as I mentioned. I’m bad with speaker design, but also which said up I should aspire for. A friend in competitive said I should go with 6th order, since I like quality and spl. So if any of you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated <3 box build I can handle but design I **** at.

I know car audio fabrication offers services for sub enclosure but if any of you know someone who I could commison and supply me with a cutsheet and step by step build that would be great

Also I was told to look for bruce as I’m coming here after posting in r/carav

Last edited:
Hey Everyone, how are y’all? Day going good? Just checkin in on ya :)

I’m new here so I’ll start off with the build section first and then the question I have

Vehicle : 2013 Volkswagen GTI

Location in the vehicle: rear hatch

Space available (L 41 inches x W 16 inches x H 14.5 or 14 1/2):

Subwoofer make and model: Dayton Audio Ultimax 10” (part listing official: UM10-23)

Subwoofer Size: 10”

Number of Subwoofers: 2x

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): not sure (will be in question)

What type of music do you like?: oof, I know you guys get this a lot...but everything. Country like sturgill simpson, to like heavy metal like Gojira, some old bands like Rush and Ye. But also modern low house music, like kaskade. But not rap.

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: a balance between both

Tuning Freq (Hz):

Volume : Unsure

now to my question. To be honest. I’m still a beginner when it comes to speaker design. I’ve build sealed home theatre subs in the past with the help of winisd.
But I need something absolutely kickin in my gti, I had an extra ultimax laying around and I figure “why not buy another, drop it down to 1ohm at 1200rms on my Pioneer 9701.”

But as I mentioned. I’m bad with speaker design, but also which said up I should aspire for. A friend in competitive said I should go with 6th order, since I like quality and spl. So if any of you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated <3 box build I can handle but design I **** at.

I know car audio fabrication offers services for sub enclosure but if any of you know someone who I could commison and supply me with a cutsheet and step by step build that would be great

Also I was told to look for bruce as I’m coming here after posting in r/carav

You can post up in here or PM me or email me if you'd like. Can I get some more details? I'd like to see the link to these subs where the t/s parameters are. That'll help determine what type of enclosure to go with. If you post them up, I'll let you know what type of setup those subs might sound the best in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...