Mixing Subs (same brand)

Participant count
  • Participants list

cjpetch

CarAudio.com Newbie
So right now I am running 2 10" kicker solo barics in the trunk and I am thinking about adding 2 more in the front of the car (after I finish upgrading my components of course). I know that mixing brands in general is a no-no because of response to frequencies but I have been contemplating running 2 comp Rs off of the same amp in the front of the car. I'm thinking of going with 8"s just because of space but this is still just a thought, not definite that I'm going to add more at all.

nooo.gif

Subwoofers have the smallest bandwidth requirement of any driver in your system, needing to run different sizes is completely unnecessary. If you have that much room up front, and can separate them into a left and right, just run some dedicated midbass drivers.

Subwoofers have the smallest bandwidth requirement of any driver in your system, needing to run different sizes is completely unnecessary. If you have that much room up front, and can separate them into a left and right, just run some dedicated midbass drivers.
Running different sizes was more for space saving and cost but for now I'm going to chill with the subs I have and focus on components and possibly a voice box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...