Millertime1028's 20K summer build

^hes not running any stepdowns.luckly the jeeps are ok up to 17v on the stock electrical.ive spoken with mechman about this s i have a jeep as well.He has a d1400 under the hood.well the last time i saw his truck in person he did.

hey...umm when u install u alternator....you didnt have any problems making the alternator to charge...cuz i have the same style jeep...mine is a 94 but when i got my mechman alty l couldnt make it charge... i have like a black module box tht goes to the back of the stock alty but when i got the mechman alty it came with the plug with two wires..but didnt knw where to hook them up..because the stock alternator only has the one wire charging cable...so i called mechman and he told me to rewire direct to an on off switch 12volts....so i did tht and it charge but my vltage would fluctuate and then sometimes my voltages would be all the way down and stay like tht...and well my friend told me maybe i needed a external regulator...i just want to figure it out because i took the alty off been sitting in my closet for like 4 months now...idk if u can give me some advice wht it could be since i see u have two alty and an external regulator and its a jeep lol... would appreciate it

hey...umm when u install u alternator....you didnt have any problems making the alternator to charge...cuz i have the same style jeep...mine is a 94 but when i got my mechman alty l couldnt make it charge... i have like a black module box tht goes to the back of the stock alty but when i got the mechman alty it came with the plug with two wires..but didnt knw where to hook them up..because the stock alternator only has the one wire charging cable...so i called mechman and he told me to rewire direct to an on off switch 12volts....so i did tht and it charge but my vltage would fluctuate and then sometimes my voltages would be all the way down and stay like tht...and well my friend told me maybe i needed a external regulator...i just want to figure it out because i took the alty off been sitting in my closet for like 4 months now...idk if u can give me some advice wht it could be since i see u have two alty and an external regulator and its a jeep lol... would appreciate it
In your case your best bet would be to run an ext regulator and bypass the truck factory regulator all together. I'm very glad I did this on my truck. The black plug you are talking about does not get used. I'll PM you in a few...

Just a few new updates.

2vsm07k.jpg

30ni5pe.jpg

Getting ready to remove transistor for 16.5v operation.

ws5lee.jpg

In your case your best bet would be to run an ext regulator and bypass the truck factory regulator all together. I'm very glad I did this on my truck. The black plug you are talking about does not get used. I'll PM you in a few...
thnks man i would really appreciate it..i guess i am better off with a regulator...ummm do u think i would have to send the alty in the get a regulator modd to fit the alty

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.