memphis mj 1.2200

Participant count
  • Participant list

batmanjl

anyone had one of these amps? i have one pushing 2 k9 12s and it sounds "ok" but subs sound like they are bottoming out or to much excursion for lack of better term, the gain is literally a smidge up, a half a turn lower and it would be inexistent sound. any input oon tuning this amp? or would better subs/box be part of the equation. box is turbo bass box tuned around 40hz or so till i have time to make a custom box. also have an epicenter that needs to be tuned as well (AC) as well.

would the Sundown SA 12s hold up with this amp?
your k9s are rated to be stronger then the SA's. theres no need to switch subs.

Your subs should handle this amp power without issue. The subs being in a inadequate box will cause subs to perform exactly that, inadequate. The Sa's would peform about the same in that box.

Like said above, remove the epicenter all together and get a custom built enclosure for those 12s and they will shine

your k9s are rated to be stronger then the SA's. theres no need to switch subs.

Your subs should handle this amp power without issue. The subs being in a inadequate box will cause subs to perform exactly that, inadequate. The Sa's would peform about the same in that box.

Like said above, remove the epicenter all together and get a custom built enclosure for those 12s and they will shine
Will be building a box over the weekend. Was thinking about was thinking about switching subs because these k9s bottom out :/ and think they might be slightly damaged from a burn smell but I've always smelled that since I got the subs. Will remove epic... should I use my line driver or no?

Will be building a box over the weekend. Was thinking about was thinking about switching subs because these k9s bottom out :/ and think they might be slightly damaged from a burn smell but I've always smelled that since I got the subs. Will remove epic... should I use my line driver or no?
Well sometimes when you get a new sub it smells that way while they are breaking in. My he bottoming out is from the box and you playing outside of the enclosure specs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.