1 ch. vs 2 ch.

Participant count
  • Participant list
If subs share a common chamber, you want them to be in sync. Also, you don't need stereo for low frequencies. Mono's are cheaper for high power too. Lots of reasons

If subs share a common chamber, you want them to be in sync. Also, you don't need stereo for low frequencies. Mono's are cheaper for high power too. Lots of reasons
ok that makes sense, it just confused me, so since i have a single chamber go with mono? and since my friend has a dual chamber thats probably why hes hooked up to a 2 ch.?

ok that makes sense, it just confused me, so since i have a single chamber go with mono? and since my friend has a dual chamber thats probably why hes hooked up to a 2 ch.?
do mono for sub. you can still run a mono with dual chamber box.

Sub bass should not have L/R. Bass is omnidirectional, you don't want to know where it is coming from.

interesting, i woulda thought youde wanna feel the bass "move" side to side but im assuming it doesnt work like that
You should feel the bass everywhere. You should hear the bass on the center of your sound stage be it center dash or in front of the listener.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
brafferty
idaho
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from