Memphis Belle 16-ST1300D : To Good To Be True?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Honez
10+ year member

SMOKING CAUSES CANCER
ok guys its been too long since i have been on here but i have been looking into getting this amp, i have the matching 3004 and 1000d. and i would love to have this one as well. I have heard nothing but good things about this amp from many people and have read many treads about them. im just a little sketchy on this website considering i just stunbled on it the today. does this look to good to be true or should i go for it. I need some outside inputs on this before i do it. all opinions are welcome.

Memphis Belle 16-ST1300D

You'll probably NEVER see your amp if you order from Dealer Cost Car Audio. They are famous for charging your card for a product they do not have in stock, then giving you the run around for 90 days so it will be too late to file a dispute with your credit card company. In other words, BUYER BEWARE when dealing with them!

You'll probably NEVER see your amp if you order from Dealer Cost Car Audio. They are famous for charging your card for a product they do not have in stock, then giving you the run around for 90 days so it will be too late to file a dispute with your credit card company. In other words, BUYER BEWARE when dealing with them!
they got me that way once also //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

one of my boys has one, and he loves it, i want one as well but i want the older one so it will match my two other memphis amps //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif not a fan of s*** that doesnt match

HMMM very good to know... gues maybe i should post a WTB thread see if i can find one that way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif i hate this part of building systems

il share my dealer cost car audio story with you guys. about 3 years ago, back in hs when i got my first system. i got some w3's. i loved them, but i really really wanted to try the sealed wedge box that jl made with the w3's. i tried to find it as cheap as possible cus i had very litte money to buy it. after coming down to a few final websites, i decided to give dealer cost a try. i emailed them, i talked to them on the phone and i said hell, theyve talked to me and im ready to buy now. so i went on, made my order. i wanted to pay via paypal just to be sure (just as i always pay). so they said "Put in your order and we will e-mail you a paypal request for money" so i said okay. i put in my order and a week later i hadnt received any paypal request. i emailed/called them asking them wtf was the problem. i was anxious for my equipment. i started complaining and all they could say was "sorry we dont have the item in stock. jl hasnt shipped it to us yet". bs. obviously jl doesnt ship direct to unauthorized dealers.

i waited on them to email me some kind of confirmation that my order was going to ship. and nothing. i waited for weeks, constantly calling them and emailing them. luckily, i never sent them any money through paypal. finally i got tired of waiting so i emailed them to cancel my order and told them they took too long. this was in january. 10 months later, early november afternoon. i get an email confirmation saying "your item is on its way!" i had a ups tracking number and everything. i was shocked! i had totally forgotten about that order and it took a year for them to get me anythingg!! not only that but i never paid!! so i thought no way, this must be a mistake. 3 days later, the ups man comes knocking at my door with a massive box. =D =D!!

wow i couldnt believe it. first the ****** customer service. second they pretty much tried to rip me off. and third, if i wouldve stuck with them and sent them money, it wouldve tooken me about a year to get my **** subs/box!!! i was really really suprised. but hey, thats what they get for trying to screw people over. i ended up with a pair of brand new jls and jl box for free!!!! i was pretty **** happy. 600 dolllar retail gift for me from dealer cost car audio!!

so i jumped on the computer the next day to try and get something similar to happen like that. unfortunately by then, they no longer offered paypal as a form of payment!!! but trust me, when i was trying it the second time, my cart was FULL on their website! lol X-D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.