Dragonsyph

CarAudio.com Regular
Gonna try to install it this week.  

210a at idle 

382 at load

E3421F6D-4DF5-489F-9EA7-A669B8102931.jpeg

B77F8F60-D09A-4523-9E49-A0FD8860A4D0.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Claim? Those are tested numbers.   What's the range of amps from cold to hot? 10? 30?
with that style alternator its generally about 320dca hot at peak rpm and the same idle numbers. in rare circumstances i've seen them do more than 350dca peak for short amounts of time

with that style alternator its generally about 320dca hot at peak rpm and the same idle numbers. in rare circumstances i've seen them do more than 350dca peak for short amounts of time
Aww ok that does make sense that it would go down,  just didnt know by that much 8(,  Guess well see once i get it installed and running on a hot summer day.  Thanks.

Same idle though?  That seems good. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Aww ok that does make sense that it would go down,  just didnt know by that much 8(,  Guess well see once i get it installed and running on a hot summer day.  Thanks.

Same idle though?  That seems good. 

certainly not a bad alternator, but the output you can expect from the same size rotor and stator with similar cooling and windings is going to remain the same and anyone claiming more output is full of **** and doing it for marketing purposes. 

these large case gm based alts output great idle power, that's really what you're paying for imo. i have a dc power 270 that does 215dca at idle hot and i only paid ~200 for it used

these large case gm based alts output great idle power, that's really what you're paying for imo. i have a dc power 270 that does 215dca at idle hot and i only paid ~200 for it used

what brand of alternator is that? I need to upgrade the alt in my 05 Titan and trying to figure out what’s the best choice. Any input on regulator choice would we welcomed and appreciated as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Dragonsyph

CarAudio.com Regular
Dragonsyph
Washington
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from