Mechanics, come hither!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (10 members and 1 guests)

dasubmasta , brmcm15 , DBBOOM , Dpc69ss , k_schutte , SPOOLEDCRXB18 , Turbo24 , Varinabassing , vic713 , Worstenemy453

More than likely, a pinhole in one of the heater hoses or water pump bypass hose. Also the thermostat water neck is kinda prone to rustin through from the inside. Best thing would be to try and rent a pressure tester from pep boys, checkers etc.. and pressurize the system and then look for where the waterfall is....lol

this x2 (also a mechanic)

but since everyone else is throwin out random ideas... lift the radiator cap, drive a whole new car under it, replace cap. PROFIT!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

No offense to you but being ASE certified isnt that important. I have seen some scary mechanics that were ASE //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
LMAO.....TRUTH!!! I aint one of those though...I think, ummmm:crazy:

mine is the 4.3...

Thanks for the replies and input. I had a new thermostat put in last year when I had my tires put on. Never had a problem with it at all. The thermostat was stuck closed but didnt have this problem lasttime, just the overheating part.

Its dark outside so I guess I will wait til morning to actually mess with it. Im hoping its nothing major and cheap to fix //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Oh, and btw my heater doesnt work to start with. It went out last winter and never fixed it, im a lazy ass I know o.0

in my ford thunderbird i had the same thing happen and it was blown head gaskets.
sshh I dont wanna hear that ****! lol jk..i hope this is not the case //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

the 4.3 motors are known to have leaky intake gaskets. Big time. Its like a given. And water pump problems.

Good way to tell. Clean off everything with water. Let cool down. Top off the coolant system. And go to the store and buy yourself a pressure tester. Or rent one. Dont care what one you do. By buying it you will always have it and could use it to test friends rides out to for a small fee to make your money back.

If its running down the back side of the motor. Im sure its a intake gasket leaking on it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

craigzter

10+ year member
erm..hello.
craigzter
sville, ar
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date