MDF Rings where to buy?

check your local audio shop and they chould be able to make some for your sub. I personally wouldnt buy prefab ones as although you have a 10" sub which is the outer diameter the inner diameter on the bottom of your sub where your spider is most likely wont be the same. unless you find someone who has them made to your sub already

I need them for an 2002 RE SE 10"... local shops charge out the butt for everything around here. Maybe i'll just break down and buy a router. Seems like a lot of money just for some speaker rings though

All you really need is a jig saw. I just did two rings for my 6.5's in my doors. Pretty easy actually. If you really want it to look nice just do a little sanding here and there to smooth it out. If you dont have a jig saw, you can buy one pretty cheap at Acehardware or Home depot I got mine for $20.

I have a jigsaw and tried a few rings they just came out real crappy looking. Guess i'll try it again and sand em.

take your time and do it really slow. always cut on the inside of the line (the side that you arent going to use) and sand with a coase sanding block.

done in no time.

I'm assuming lowes rents them? Is it pretty easy to make good looking rings with a router?
i think home depot also rents them. If you have a dremel, that'll work too.

it is about as easy as eating donuts... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.