mb quart

awestone05
10+ year member

Awe-Inspiring
hi, after getting a chance to listen to a few sets of components over the last couple days, i think i've made some decisions. as far as 6. 5 comps, i listened to JL, mb quart, boston, alpine, infinity, and a couple others that weren't so great. well, personally i think my favorites would have to be the mb quarts. i was all excited and i thought i had found the speaker for me, but then i found a problem when i got home and started looking them up. well, i got an mb quart pamphlet at the store i listened to them at, and apparently i listened to the newest speakers from mb quart, and i can't seem to find them on the net. i've found the older ones, but none of the i heard. can anybody help me out?

hi, after getting a chance to listen to a few sets of components over the last couple days, i think i've made some decisions. as far as 6. 5 comps, i listened to JL, mb quart, boston, alpine, infinity, and a couple others that weren't so great. well, personally i think my favorites would have to be the mb quarts. i was all excited and i thought i had found the speaker for me, but then i found a problem when i got home and started looking them up. well, i got an mb quart pamphlet at the store i listened to them at, and apparently i listened to the newest speakers from mb quart, and i can't seem to find them on the net. i've found the older ones, but none of the i heard. can anybody help me out?
The MB's are my favorite too. Look at anything in the Reference or the Premium series, you won't be disappointed. The model #'s start with either an "R" or a "P". You quite possible may have listened to the Discus model ( start w/ a "D"), these are the lowest grade they have, although they probably still sound better than the others you listed. http://etronics.com has some good prices on them.

if you have the cash, the Qs are the flagship model. I've installed a few reference sereis, and the tweeters seemed to sharp for my taste. it did work well with just the hu powering it though. If possible, i'd get the P series instead.

Oh, and what was your price range? There might be some that can be comaparable at similar prices that you've not heard yet.

well, i listened to the entire line, but i figured i would stick with the premium series. less money, and that's about right for my amp. my question, however, is where i can get the 2003 premiums. i've found the 2002 speakers all over the net (PSD or whatever), but i wondered if i could find the newest premium series speakers (PCE) on the net. i've heard that the only difference is the ability to mount the tweeter on the midrange in the newer quarts, but is there any difference in sound quality? i really liked what i heard that day, and i realize there are a lot more speakers out there but i don't want to buy anything i can't hear first. thanks

oh, and also... i'm running these speakers off of an alpine mrv-t420 if that helps you all out any. and my HU is the 7998, so there won't be any powering anything off the HU in this case //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

well, i listened to the entire line, but i figured i would stick with the premium series. less money, and that's about right for my amp. my question, however, is where i can get the 2003 premiums. i've found the 2002 speakers all over the net (PSD or whatever), but i wondered if i could find the newest premium series speakers (PCE) on the net. i've heard that the only difference is the ability to mount the tweeter on the midrange in the newer quarts, but is there any difference in sound quality? i really liked what i heard that day, and i realize there are a lot more speakers out there but i don't want to buy anything i can't hear first. thanks
hey so out of everything uve listened to u liked the PSD Mb Quarts the best? how did they compare to the Infinity Kappas.

Paikaih - what would compare to the PSD series in price and sound quality

hey so out of everything uve listened to u liked the PSD Mb Quarts the best? how did they compare to the Infinity Kappas.
Paikaih - what would compare to the PSD series in price and sound quality

Everyone's tastes are different. I would know what to tell you, I am not familiar with the prices over in the states. Oh, but I've yet to see any disgruntled member when running CDT's...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i listened to the kappas, and they weren't bad at all. but like paikiah said, its all about preference. i know i've heard people say they really don't care for the quarts, but to me they were the best thing i heard all day. that's just me. also, i've heard a lot of good things about cdt, but nobody around here carries them, and i really want to hear before i make a purchase.

The new line of MB Quarts have holographic serial numbers on them now.....so it's gettin a little hard for unauthorized sellers/dealers to sell them. I too have been lookin for the new model, but when i went to an authorized dealer...they showed me the new ones with the holographic numbers on them....i plan to wait a little while too see if a few pop up on ebay...

Finally, a thread dedicated to those who like mbQuart. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I used to own Kappa Perfect comps for whoever you were that asked about Infinity. Some would think I down graded by getting the Discus comps, however I honestly think they have a more vibrant sound. The clarity is on par as well. I'm also getting the Premiums very soon (at least in the front), after hearing them at a Rip-you-Off audio shop a while ago.

Anyone have any experience with a good amp for Premium line 'Quarts?

Anyone have any experience with a good amp for Premium line 'Quarts?
Well, I just have all of my MB's runnng off an old Punch 800a4 and they sound awsome. I want to get a Sound Stream Rubicon amp for them but have been putting it off for some time now. What I am saying is that if they sound good off of my Punch 800, they should sound pretty good off anything that is at leat as good or better than that.

No matter what kind of speakers you have they will always sound better powered by an amp than a HU. Don't have any experience with the Discus model of the MB's so can't really compare them for you.

I have the mb quart pce's powered by the jl300/4 and they sound very good. I bought the qsd 216's yesterday so I will be moving the p's to the rear. Nothing I have ever heard sound as good as mb quart's. But it's really what you like to listen to.

I purchased mb quart rsd 216 6 1/2 and it's being powered off my pioneer HU 50w x 4. It sounds pretty good but its not very loud as compared to the rear stock speakers. I know it's underpowered so I plan to add an amp to amplify the components. I know this will improve the sound quality but will it make it louder than it is now?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.