MazzaSEC 04 Explorer 3 15"s build log!

buy PVC
or get the flares/couplers and use PVC for pipe(my plan)
Add up that amount vs. 40 for 6in aero...id like to know the diff, good idea //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

How easy is it to find thin PVC like they use? Would it be same diameter and such? Just alot of PVC I find is thicker, havnt looked much though

if you buy multiple ones from PE, you can get them like 33$, if over 100$ u get free shipping, and I beg you can find a coupon or something

Yep and thank you!

Update for everyone

My Grandma had passed away last night. So I am making a trip up to New York. I will be there until Monday. Jacob will be filing a claim with UPS and they are gonna come and get the sub and return it to Jacob!

Everyone stay updated!

Also anyone know where I can get some 6" aeros for the cheapness?
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. God bless and just give me a shout when you can about the enclosure.

On a side note, I can't believe the nerve of some people to automatically assume there is a manufacturin defect when something like this occurs. The amateurs will simply never learn. Jacob is 1000% good people and will make the necessary arrangements for proper replacement.

Four 6" ports from Parts Express is only $133.32 shipped. You won't find a better deal than that. 6" thinwall pvc works perfect for center sections. Your local Lowes or Home Depot should carry the stuff. Mine does. Just make sure to get thinwall & it'll be the same exact size as the black abs center sections included with the port kits. Last time I bought a 12ft section of 6" pvc it was $60. Had to have it though cause the setup called for 24" long ports.

Sorry to hear about your grandma man. You know where to look when you're ready to buy a 3000d:) . And that ***** about the cracked basket...nice choice in subs though!

Ya ordering the aeros from parts express is a little out of my budget. Unless I sell my 4 channel and PG RSD's

Four 6" ports from Parts Express is only $133.32 shipped. You won't find a better deal than that. 6" thinwall pvc works perfect for center sections. Your local Lowes or Home Depot should carry the stuff. Mine does. Just make sure to get thinwall & it'll be the same exact size as the black abs center sections included with the port kits. Last time I bought a 12ft section of 6" pvc it was $60. Had to have it though cause the setup called for 24" long ports.
Holy hell, the ports are 60 more dollars than my entire ported box.............and I love my box! That is just insane!

IMHO he would really only need 3 6ers. I was more than successful with an implementation using 3 6" aeros and 3 15's. Just my $.02. Not sure if you were saying it was a must or not. My box for 3 DP 15's was 9 cubes net after all displacements and I played 52-53's with most rap music.

I mentioned four cause that's where the price break is.
Ah ok, gotcha. Makes sense since I failed to notice. I wish the price break were a little lower. PE is making a mint on 6" aeros from me alone. I'm doing at least 2 boxes a week that have 6" aero ports. Aside from the usual gain in numbers on the meter I guess folks are wanting to be different than standard slot port enclosures. Not sure.

Well I got the replacement sub in today!

In was for sure not gonna break! lol

Thing didnt even shift there was so much packing material.

Well as of right now I got everything installed the 2 15" NS running off the D9.

Pics will be up soon!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mazzasec

5,000+ posts
Banned
mazzasec
ATL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date