Massive Audio VK6 6.5 inch components

Participant count
  • Participant list

Greggk
10+ year member

An ARMY NCO 24/7
Review of Massive Audio VK6 6.5 inch components:

Massive Audio VK6 6.5 inch components, installed in a 2005 Ford Expedition Eddie bauer front doors. I originally bought them with intentions of putting in my F250, but my wife wanted a system and since her Expedition has a rear seat entertainment system from the factory i figured it would get a better usage then my truck. I installed them which is rather straight forward, just as any component is. Initially holding these speakers in my hand they look like they are pretty beefy and seems extremely well assembled. No qualms so far.. Hardest part of install was getting the door panel back on correctly. Tweeters were mounted front top of door, and were pivoted to angle towards the ears, and the 6.5's were put in the 6x8's spot.First thing I noticed even while running the stock head unit and I am sure there is a factory amp going to the speakers as well, but these are extremely efficient and will run great off just a aftermarket headunit with no amp. (I am awaiting the new head unit to get here) is, holy crap they are amazing sounding! Crystal clear highs from the silk soft dome tweeters, with decent mid bass. They sound better then my brother in laws Focals (I prefer silk soft dome tweeters). No matter what kind of music I put in it was up to the task of it. Next up is tomorrow I will be installing the VX68 6x8's for the rear doors which also have the same tweeter! I bought them from a vendor here for much less then the manufacturers MSRP! Then after the components and coaxials are installed the headunit, Infinity 10" sub and RF amp will be installed.

http://www.massiveaudio.com/store/product.php?productid=16253&cat=254&page=1

SKU SKUVK6

Weight 6.50 Pounds

Speaker Size 6.5"

Tweeter 20mm Silk Dome Tweeter

Cone Poly Mica

Sensitivity 88dB (SPL@1w)

Frequency 60Hz - 20Khz

RMS Power 5-60 watts

Peak Power 250 watts

Impedance 4 Ohm

Crossover 12 dB External

Basket Heavy Gauge Steel

Depth 2.4"

Pros: clear sound, ease of installation, cost

Cons: havent honestly found one yet.

factory head unit, and I am sure there is a factory amp going to the speakers as well, but these are extremely efficient and will run great off just a aftermarket headunit with no amp. Hit up member Tallc if you want a set, that's who I got them from. he is a retailer for these and sells them at incredible prices.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Greggk

10+ year member
An ARMY NCO 24/7
Greggk
Ludowici, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies