Premium Member

Premium Member
Maryland
Unboxing

36182212cc6d1b205b2e13238dc23fbc.jpg

18b4008f80988838aeccf472b875b61e.jpg

619ba372cf3f6069e37db0b7b873f554.jpg

bc1e76c3714e0c5ab7780981c92b6fec.jpg

The box it comes in is very nice. Well made and sturdy.

Looks are subjective but I think it looks pretty sweet. Very clean. Its pretty **** small. Getting gut shots are going to take a while. There's a seal on the bottom which says void warranty if broken.

It has a premium feel to it. Very solid. We will see if the power is there though.

First Impressions

I took out my Clarion dpx15001. I am running a 13w6v2 @2ohms in a vented box. The Clarion is 1500rms@ 2 and 1 ohm. The Massive is supposedly 1000rms @ 2 ohms per channel.

I need a little more time to get the gain correct and adjust the HPF but first impression is it's def doing it's 1000 or very close because the drop off from the Clarion is non existent. Its a little hard to really tell because the RMS limit on the JL is 750 I think. So anything above that your not gonna hear a huge difference.

Tomorrow I'll tune it some more and see where its at then.

First Drive

This morning I was able to have a nice 2 hour long test. The electrical draw on this amp is very minimal. Especially compared to the Clarion. Heat wasn't a issue either. Just Luke warm by the time I got to work. When I bridge the two channels all that will probably change but doesn't look like its gonna be a problem.

Design/Function

I really like the minimalist looks. The small size makes is easy to put pretty much anywhere. But there are some cons. The biggest is the size of the power/ground and speaker inputs. Its says it takes 4 gauge power wire but I had to trim a good amount off of my OFC 4 gauge to get it to fit. That ******. 10 gauge OFC speaker wire had to trimmed too but just a little.

The gain and crossover pots are higher quality. They are very strong and click into place when you move them making adjustments a lot easier. The x10 crossover multiplier is a nice touch if you want to run active with ALOT of power. So if you had two of these you could power a entire cars system.

Very happy so far. The Lanzar700x2 lasted two weeks give or take. I hope this Massive will last two or more years!!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
im just gonna say clamp it in every thread until you finally clamp it lol
Haha. Clamping will have to wait. Its like 18° with crazy stupid wind. I will though.

Gut shots and how does it compare to the Lanzar while it was working lol?
They are the same power wise it seems. The voltage consumption is WAY less. The interior light in my car would dim when the Lanzar came on. When this comes on no flickering at all. Gut shot will have to wait till the temp goes. Its cold as a witches ***** outside. I'll get them though

I just ordered another one. I gonna use it for my front stage. I'm putting 2 mids in each door and this thing is gonna be perfect. So I'll have Two of these and my diamond audio D7 six channel. This sping and summer are gonna be fun

where the hell are you putting these surfboard amps at? my back wall is getting a little too crowded for my liking

I don't think your know what surfboard amps are... These are not surfboard. Lol
compared to the majority of 4 channel amps they're surfboard, i know what you're talking about no need to flaunt your subwoofer knowledge penis or whatever

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

evilmonstertruk

Premium Member
Premium Member
evilmonstertruk
Maryland
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies