massive audio box

Participant count
  • Participant list

bone10001
10+ year member

uk
hi i'm looking for advice on what size box to use i've got a massive audio cw12d i listen to hard house and trance but i like my base deep and hard according to massive they say a ported box 1.2 cu feet and sealed 1.5cu feet the sub is cuurently in a 1.2 sealed but lackink spl and it just wont drop that low please help!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

thats odd they recomend a smaller ported box than sealed, but anyway, ide say go ported, use their recomended box, and tune low, ull get some good SQ and it will get loud like ya want.

massive say tune to 39 hz is that about right?

have you had any experience with either massive audio or planet audio?

what difference to the music would it make if the box was tuned to say 33 as apposed to 40 sorry to sound stupid but i am trying //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

well tuning lower will give u more SQ along with letting the lower music frequencies play out, while higher tuning will peak at higher frequencies and tend to not go as low.

sorry for hasseling you with questions but it's your own fault for knowing so much lol i've been to see a mate of mine today and he recomends a big box about 2.8cu feet do you think this would work? i'm getting stressed cos the amp an sub cost me £600 and it just aint peforming!!!!!

yeh around 3.0 sounds right to me, although ive never heard of the sub or seen it.. do u have a link to it? Maybe find out its EBP, run some numbers with it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.