Malfunction HU

Participant count
  • Participant list

darron016
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
What would cause my headunit to switch between, USB, AUX and TUNER mid song?

Just started happening, never had problem before.

Some days it wont do that, than some days it will.

It gets stuck in this malfunction series of swithing between settings for no reason HELP! lolol

KDCx-891

Most issues are due to road vibrations/loosen internals..poor shocks or struts on the vehicle,and as in my area just straight up chitty road conditions all together. Just about everything bought these days last shorter periods of time,as well as poor shipping conditions(thrown around boxes/merchandise) during shipping,loosening or damaging internals.If its out of warranty,and not working properly..open that joker up,and see if its a simple solder joint..if board is burnt in certain areas.Just buy another HU..They are found quite cheaply these days

i had something similar happen to an old pioneer deck, the volume would turn up/down whenever it wanted. turns out it was soda that splashed up from the cupholders got into the faceplate. not sure where your cupholders are but in that old car (an 89 acura legend coupe) we used to buy ford taurus cupholders and install them below the radio since none came from the factory.

Sonic Electronice has a sale on theyre HU this weekend.You might be able to get a nice unit and save some money.Free wiring harness,and kit usually comes with a purchase and free shipping.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

darron016

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
darron016
minneapolis, mn
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date