Making dual 12 box for trans am

Participant count
  • Participant list

nitrousbird
10+ year member

First off I wanted to say whats up, I'm new to the board. Regarding my question I'm looking to build a box to mount dual 12s for my 97ta but I haven't had any expierence with sub(or pretty much all audio for that matter)and am not sure on some of the specifics. Should I let the speakers share the same space or should I split the box and have each speaker have it's own compartment? Also what kind of space should I leave for each sub in terms of volume in the box? Also where should I locate the ports and how big should I make them? Sorry if these questions seem a little lame, I'm more into performance rather than audio so I only have a pretty(extremely) basic knowledge when it comes to speakers and such.

Thanks Brad

P.S. has anyone built one for a 4th gen that can give me any tips???

well tell us what kind of subs you have and then we can help you out...you might be able to find out the box dimensions on some website but if you can't, you can just call the company and request some information...

Yes you can build a box where the subs share the same space, however when this is done, carefull attention should be paid to bracing the inside of the box so that it doesnt flex. Also if they are sharing the same space then if one goes out then the other is in danger of going out also cuz the blown sub will move with the other working one allowing it to over excursion which will lead to another blown sub if allowed to continue.

As for size, that is driver specific, there is no one size fits all. Some 12's take a small 1.0 cu. ft. sealed box while others will take a large 2.0 cu. ft sealed box. But then if you port them they will take either a really long port or a really large box to tune it low for daily driving.

Hope this helps.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Copy CaT!

80_cutlass_mn, "Man who stands on toilet is high on pot..."

I MADE THAT UP BEFOR U DID! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif :verymad:

!!!!ing cOpY cAt B!I!H

Originally posted by BigBoomer Copy CaT!

80_cutlass_mn, "Man who stands on toilet is high on pot..."

I MADE THAT UP BEFOR U DID! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif :verymad:

!!!!ing cOpY cAt B!I!H
lol sorry man I got that from a friend who has it on his aol profile.:p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.