major deck problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

DNORX
10+ year member

I am wiring my deck myself, but i cant figure whats wrong. I had the ignition and power from the deck hooked up to the battery wire but when i would turn my deck on my odometer would stop working. Now i rewired it but now it only turns on when my truck isnt moving at all.

2001 Chevy Silverado

You really, really should have bought a wire harness. Sounds like you somehow managed to connect your head unit's accessory power input to the vehicle speed sense wire that supplied the factory deck's Speed Controlled Volume feature. You need to get a multimeter, check for blown fuses in the vehicle fuse box, and then test for the correct wire.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.