Magnatus is a terrible seller.

E-Rock
10+ year member

Bass of All Basses
Boise, ID
I don't know if the guy was trying to scam me or is just an irresponsible seller.

I saw that he posted an AQ1200D for sale here in the classifieds. So I offered to buy it. PM's were exchanged and I had to wait a few days to deposit some money that I could send to him through PayPal. I asked that he send more pictures of the amp, which he did, so I felt that everything was alright and I sent payment.

After waiting a few days and not receiving any PM's about tracking info, I contact him again on here and on his gmail account. He then tells me that he didn't accept payment and didn't want to do a transaction through PayPal. I became cautious here as there is no way for me to tell if he accepted a payment or not.

I opened a dispute on PayPal hoping this would make him refund the payment and also make things appear better for me in case of a claim investigation.

He then said that he never wanted to sell the amp. ??? Wtf, so I emailed him again and then he escalated it to a claim. It says it was escalated to a claim because he said he shipped the amp. Then he posts a message on the dispute message saying that he sold the amp face to face in his state and that he told me he was doing so. (Which he never did, and if I had not contacted him about the amp, I doubt he would have ever responded to me.)

We will see how this pans out. Looks like based on his messages I will get my money back after the investigation, but I have a lot of evidence ready to be submitted.

LONG STORY SHORT: Magnatus has been very unclear and hard to reach at times creating all kinds of headaches for me.

My first transaction on ca.com didn't go well. I have bought/sold on forums before but not car audio equipment. And don't confuse this person with Magnus, I haven't bought from him but he has a ton of references on here. Similar name so please don't confuse it.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds/499349-audioque-1200rms-amp-used-only-few-times.html

There is the thread.

PM's

Me: I am interested in purchasing your Audioque amp that you have for sale. I noticed that you don't have any feedback as a seller however. I just want to be sure that I won't get ripped off. Will you take paypal?

Him: okay i am throwing my tc9 driver in like new, for 280 total if your interested, would be nice to sell both to same buyer and you can prob resell driver for 160 ALone

Me: I think I will pass on the driver, thanks for the offer though. So will you take PayPal and when do you think you will be able to ship the amp?

Him: whats your zipcode it depends on how much it cost to ship, can u pay shipping i will ship it tonight

Me: 83706 is my zip code. I don't need it shipped immediately and I don't need faster shipping. You said $200 shipped, so I assume you won't charge for normal/cheapest shipping.

Him: whats your adress,

its needed to calculate cost

Me: (Here I gave him my address which I will leave out for my own protection)

Him: okay cool, my fiance family is from boise!!

but ya its only 20$ to ship is their any other way besides paypal?

Me: Which method would you prefer? PayPal is easiest for me, I don't like sending checks in the mail or doing money orders.

Him: ya paypal is fine i just remember my passwrord its (email here)

Me: Ok thanks. Will you be able to post the tracking numbers when you ship the amp? And the total price is $200, correct?

Him: yes i can defintly post track number for you, and yes 200$ shippedyes i can defintly post track number for you, and yes 200$ shipped

Me: Ok thank you. Would you mind posting a few more pictures of the amp, preferably ones of the guts and close ups of the inputs/gain knobs? I would just like to get a better picture of the item before I commit to payment.

Him: (Here he sent more pictures of the amp)

Me: Thank you, I will probably be able to send the money around 3:00 pm PST tomorrow. Will you ship the amp on Monday?

Him: Yaa thats completly fine man, if you can send it before that would help me out with my bills and all, but not a biggie

Me: Ok, I have sent $200 to your PayPal account.

If you need my shipping address again it's: (removed)

I can't wait to receive the amp, if everything is in condition as described I'll leave good feedback.

Him: Okay sounds like a plan and yes i planned to ship ASAP

Me: Have you shipped the amp yet? I am just reminding you to send the tracking info.

Thanks.

That is all the PM's in order, if you guys want me to go into the emails as well and PayPal messages I can do so as well.

He submitted photos that were uploaded right after the time I asked for them. So I figured that they were his.

I looked at his previous posts/threads and figured everything was okay.

I would have no problem with him changing his mind about the sale if he had told me. The fact that it took several emails and a Paypal dispute for him to mention anything of it is what annoys me.

Well I am going to be honest here, you should have gotten him to post photos with his username and date on them I have no idea why his thread was not deleted because he did not follow the rules, I think our mods are to busy ******* around in the Thunderdome. Been alot of this crap going on.

***** you got scammed, and 200 bucks is a decent size loss, atleast you started doing the Paypal claim, But for the next time always get photos with username and date before purchase, Also get the sellers number and confirm it before sending ANY money to ANYONE with little or no references hell do this with guys who have 20+ references too.

Best of luck to you!

Ok thanks. I guess I am just so used to good sellers online (gun forums) that I expected too much out of this person.

And yeah, 200 bucks is a lot for me right now. At least the guy did post in the paypal dispute that he sold to someone else and didn't accept payment. So maybe he is just an idiot. Some people are just not cut out to do business.

Well I am going to be honest here, you should have gotten him to post photos with his username and date on them I have no idea why his thread was not deleted because he did not follow the rules, I think our mods are to busy ******* around in the Thunderdome. Been alot of this crap going on.
***** you got scammed, and 200 bucks is a decent size loss, atleast you started doing the Paypal claim, But for the next time always get photos with username and date before purchase, Also get the sellers number and confirm it before sending ANY money to ANYONE with little or no references hell do this with guys who have 20+ references too.

Best of luck to you!
That^^. You can be more confident that you have a good seller when you can get all of the above with no hassles. Good sellers want customers to feel secure and will not give them the trouble you experienced with yours.

On the bright side, this one hasn't sold yet:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-classifieds/500422-fs-audioque-aq1200d-amplifier.html

and it's closer to new than the one you spent the same amount on. If all goes well with your claim and it hasn't sold, perhaps this is the one for you. Good luck.

Thanks guys, I believe that most people on here aren't scammers or idiot sellers. So I will have faith that Magnatus will do the right thing and I get my money back since I have done almost as much as I can concerning PayPal.

I'll have to wait for when/if I get my money back before I purchase an amp.

Yes he got his money back just fine, it took a while though, as my mom is going through stage 4 cancer, and i promise i am not a scammer,

I was not able to get on any computer for 1-2 month period,

but im back online now,

I've had horrible luck buying on here. I've only bought 2 amps, but both were not as advertised (different sellers)... Haven't had any problems buying on other forums either.

Glad to hear you guys got it worked out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

E-Rock

10+ year member
Bass of All Basses
E-Rock
Boise, ID
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies