Mach 5 Audio ixl-10

302yota
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
has anybody here had much experience with the mach 5 audio ixl-10....i'm about to do a build for a customer and he told me he had about 800 to spend on subs and amp....and his setup will be goin up under the back seat of a chevy2500..(which there's not a lot of room)....and i came across these subs, i know they are more of a sound quality woofer, and he's looking for mainly spl.....and according to the site they only require .4cuft ported at 30hz....so would these be the way to go, for say 2 of them ported?

If you client intends on achieving SPL lane-style output, these are not the ones for him/her. They do have decent output for those who know how to dial in their systems properly however.

Best,

Mark

well he is just tryin to be as loud as he can, with the room that he has....he's only got room for 2 10"s, (and thats barely)....but he may be able to fit one 12 back there too...(only down firing)....and i know for a fact he could fit 2 of these ported (that is if they only require .4cuft a piece)....he may be able to fit 4 sealed....so i might throw thats out there also....he will more than likely have between 1500-2000wrms to throw at em

i'm just wondering how loud 2 would get in .4cubes a piece tuned around 30ish...because there will def be enough room for this setup...there may be enough to fit 4 of them sealed...he's not after db's...he just wants it to sound loud

the msrp on these subs are 350 a piece your getting 2 for 450, thats a deal, you will also pay over 100 dollars shipping for the ixl so im also thinking about that

Those TC's look pretty beat up...the surrounds, at least.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Also looks like they have a little rust or something on the top plate of the motor, and one has a magnet boot and the other doesn't...I wouldn't trust how those were treated. If you can something very similar, look into finding an Eclipse SW8000...essentially the same sub and you can find them new for around $200 a piece, or even less...if you can find them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

302yota

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
302yota
rockingham, NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date