MA audio

The fs on most 15'' or a 18'' subs are lower than that. It might be harder on the 8'' playing lower frequency's than a 15'' or 18''.
not ture at all

my 1508 plays "low"notes just as good as any other sub can. larger subs can play the "lows" louder due to the fact that they can move way more air than an 8 can.

and for the most part, its all space, box, tuning and install dependent.

not ture at allmy 1508 plays "low"notes just as good as any other sub can. larger subs can play the "lows" louder due to the fact that they can move way more air than an 8 can.

and for the most part, its all space, box, tuning and install dependent.

IMO a 15'' in a good box plays lower frequency's nicer than a 8'' in a lower tuned box.

IMO a good 15'' sub plays lower frequency's nicer than a 8''.
of course they can in most cases, they move a lot more air. if the op dosent have the proper space requirments for a 15 or 18, and 8 or 10 can walk all over them in that case. now if he has the space to work with, well....

of course they can in most cases, they move a lot more air. if the op dosent have the proper space requirments for a 15 or 18, and 8 or 10 can walk all over them in that case. now if he has the space to work with, well....
Very good point my friend, Lets see what he plans on installing this 8'' sub in.

I have an Audiopulse EPIC in a vented alignment tuned to 22hz which performs like a sealed enclosure with a Qtc of .65 until about 28hz where support is offered by the vent. I have output down to 16hz with plenty of authority. This is for SQ purposes mind you, not SPL. Still, it gets into the 130's with ease.

Very visceral.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.