SOLD ma audio hk-4000d amp CHEAP!

matt_martin87
10+ year member

OG
Here we have a modded hk-4000d that used to belong to scott johnson. It is stable at .5 ohms. It will take up to a 17v feed. Once I had this, it never touched power. The only things missing are 2 hex screws for the speaker terminals. NEW PRICE: 360 plus shipping. Offers will be considered. Pics:

amp1.jpg

amp2.jpg

amp4.jpg

amp3.jpg

amp5.jpg

amp6.jpg

Who modded these? I see them all over modded, mine is "modded" but Chris at db-r pretty much laughed at the "modded" part when he fixed it for me. The only explinations I have gotten is a few resistors have been taken out?

But I will give you 350 shipped for it.

im buddies with matt and the amp is pristine in condition, the "modded" stamp is just that, several resistor are removed and replaced with beefier ones to allow for a lower ohmage load. and not to be a dick but 350 is a horrendous lowball for equipment like this, 350 shipped is simply put... an INSULT

ok this is a slight thread jack but how can I get mine modded? can anyone help me out with a contact or something? and a free bump for you and one bad azz amp. (thread jack complete)

im buddies with matt and the amp is pristine in condition, the "modded" stamp is just that, several resistor are removed and replaced with beefier ones to allow for a lower ohmage load. and not to be a dick but 350 is a horrendous lowball for equipment like this, 350 shipped is simply put... an INSULT
not trying to post dump but search 350 plus shipping is about what they go for

Secound that search man. Look at other posts. Around 350 is what they are going for. Even new ones are going for 400. 525 plsu shipping is too high.

The mod most people are refering to is only removing 4 resistors to stop the amp from going into protect in low ohm situations.There is a true mod of replacing resistors with heavier duty ones but this takes a little more skill.Snoopdan has refered to removing and replacing but I can't find anything on the exact ones he is refering to.Scotty johnson ran quit a few of these in his van so these may have different mod.You would have to compare it with a stock one probably to see what is different.

I payed 400.00 shipped for mine brand new in the box. CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH GETTING MINE MODDED!

I did the same mine was also modded when I got it new for that shipped..

I was just making an offer, there has actually been a thread started about what these amps are worth..

Good luck with the sale bro.

Bump

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.