Luxury Cars that are good for car audio

NJTStang11
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Chicago, IL
Does anyone have any knowledge as to what luxury cars (lexus, audi, bmw, etc) are decent for car audio? I'm going to be getting a new car in the near future and am looking at something a bit nicer but remember my old Lexus ES300 and the disaster that car was for car audio (not only was the installation brutal, but the trunk absorbed a majority of the bass). I'd like to avoid getting an SUV, which I know is the most logical solution, but was wondering if anyone has owned any cars that worked out alright with a system? I'm mainly looking at Lexus ES350s/Audi A4/Audi A6. Any suggestions appreciated.

Ur gonna run into the same issues in just about any luxury car, especially German built vehicles... If I were you, I would by 2 cars, a luxury car, and just something to bump in. Or take an older luxury car and do it up. All newer luxury cars keep the trunk from the cabin, for the most part. I know the early 2000 BMW's have the cut out for the ski hole, which helps, or you can remove the speakers in the rear deck. Other than that, its gonna be tough to get bass to come into the car, without a lot of cutting or other work. Of course you gotta deal with the ton of extra speakers they put in, and the internal amps, and the usual very complicated decks. Lol.

I know if the newer BMWs still have the ski hole, I would get one of those and run an aero port thru it, maybe do a bandpass box, or dual aeros up towards the rear deck and take out the rear deck speakers.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

You have listed no luxury cars sir. Simply slightly enhanced nissans and toyotas actually.
Dont think Audi is anything like a Toyota or Nissan... Far superior.

Ur gonna run into the same issues in just about any luxury car, especially German built vehicles... If I were you, I would by 2 cars, a luxury car, and just something to bump in. Or take an older luxury car and do it up. All newer luxury cars keep the trunk from the cabin, for the most part. I know the early 2000 BMW's have the cut out for the ski hole, which helps, or you can remove the speakers in the rear deck. Other than that, its gonna be tough to get bass to come into the car, without a lot of cutting or other work. Of course you gotta deal with the ton of extra speakers they put in, and the internal amps, and the usual very complicated decks. Lol.
I know if the newer BMWs still have the ski hole, I would get one of those and run an aero port thru it, maybe do a bandpass box, or dual aeros up towards the rear deck and take out the rear deck speakers.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

Dont think Audi is anything like a Toyota or Nissan... Far superior.
Thank you for actually posting something responsive to the question asked. I'll look in to that.

I forgot that 75% of this forum is 17yo smart asses working with their first system.

You're up a creek. Every one I've ever worked on was as you said a nightmare to install and so much steel and deadening between trunk and cabin you lose a good 12dB just getting out of the trunk. You need to get really creative or just not care so much about bass.

I don't know if there's anything like a hatchback or one of those funky wagon kind of things (I see a few expensive ones on the road) that fit what you're after?? Beyond that, SUV is optimum, even then install generally is a PITA in fancier cars but at least you won't lose all your output to deadening.

A new Cadillac has won SQ comps w/o adding or modifying a single thing. That in itself says a lot about how good a factory sound system can be. In addition, many cars use complex DSPs and the use of a LOC or simple processor isn't so simple anymore. Good luck

You're up a creek. Every one I've ever worked on was as you said a nightmare to install and so much steel and deadening between trunk and cabin you lose a good 12dB just getting out of the trunk. You need to get really creative or just not care so much about bass.
I don't know if there's anything like a hatchback or one of those funky wagon kind of things (I see a few expensive ones on the road) that fit what you're after?? Beyond that, SUV is optimum, even then install generally is a PITA in fancier cars but at least you won't lose all your output to deadening.
true indeed if pound is what your looking for and we will leave the argument over what is and is not luxury out of this then might i suggest a infiniti fx

2012_infiniti_fx_facelift_1.jpg

but be warned get your pain pills out cause the install ....well you get it.

I know it's not a "luxury" car but the Boston Acoustics system in our Magnum RT sounds pretty good. It's not particularly loud but the 6X9's in the doors actually go down low and produce "bass up front". The highs are decent too. I have owned ~15 cars and it's the first car I have not been in a rush to replace the stock system in.

*edit* NVM. Thought the question was regarding stock systems.

Carry on...

Here's the deal.... luxury and easy install NEVER go together. Ever. you can make any car a "good car for audio" with enough work... but trust me, it takes alot of work. i've done my share of high end installs and then some, and have yet to have one easy one... now, the real question you have to ask yourself, is if you're looking at luxury cars, do you really want the deciding factor to be how well it will hold a system?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.