lowering kits?

When your lowering you car i would Definitly get new shocks put in Stock ones will not hold the ride very well, and they will wear out really fast. another Idea is to look into a Coil Over system they Work Really well and its not as much of a pain.

yes like they all say when you get a lowering springs or coilovers it is a very good idea to replace your shocks+struts, but not have too... because your old factory are not engineered for that.... another thing you must keep in mind when you lower you car, you need a camber kit because your wheels are not aligned properly, so you'll wear out your tires faster....

I have yellow Koni shocks with Koni springs and it drives good, really low too.

Replace the stock shocks and get new springs, I would suggest Koni's.

Think it is no more then 1/2 a day work to replace front and back.

Good luck

I just ordered a full kit from ExplorerExpress for my 97 Mountaineer, its everything, Eddlebrock lowering shocks and drop blocks and camber kit, I opted not to get the sawy bars yet, but we shall see

yeah the koni (neuspeed) yellows r supposed to be the better ones.

but i think it dpeends on ur car n stufff u know.

eibach makes some good springs (both sportline -2inch drop i believe- n pro-kit line -1.5 inch drop i believe-). H&R r decent too.

you can just put springs right now n run ur stock shocks, n replace them as soon as you can. it's not imperative that you change them at the same time. it will only save u money if u have someone install them, so they can just do everythign at the same time.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

cFlatt

10+ year member
cFlatt
MI
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from