Loudest 12's on 1kw?

Vossy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
St. Cloud MN
Alright, I'm prolly selling my 4 R's to get a "trunk wall" going in my car, right now I have 4 R's facing up, port in. What 12s could get louder in ~3.1 cubes per sub tuned to 31.8. I was thinking AQ HDC3 12s, they HAVE to be 12s due to the height on my trunk opening. They'd be getting ~1k each from my PA 5500 (I know I know).

So, what 2 will be loudest on 1kw in 3.1 cubes?

Price limit ~$500

Ya I know about the amp, But subs up in the trunk *****. IT's actually louder with the trunk open.

PS might have the amp sold too

I'm debating if I want the AP 3k or like a AQ 2.2
So depending on which one of those you go with, you'll be running 1100-1500w per sub, and a budget of $500 for the two of them? Also, is that 3.1cu.ft. per sub, or for both of them total?

How about some DC Level 4's? Incriminator Audio Death Rows?

So depending on which one of those you go with, you'll be running 1100-1500w per sub, and a budget of $500 for the two of them? Also, is that 3.1cu.ft. per sub, or for both of them total?
How about some DC Level 4's? Incriminator Audio Death Rows?
That's 3.1 per sub, and if I could get away with $500 for both that'd be great.

the type r are already pretty much what would find louder/efficient for that kind of power.... got luck getting louder without modifying the box tuning or getting more power

the type r are already pretty much what would find louder/efficient for that kind of power.... got luck getting louder without modifying the box tuning or getting more power
i agree, but id be putting a new baffle on the top, and then change the 4 subs firing up to 2 firing forward into the cab sealed off

keeping the type r's might not be a bad idea. other than that, on the power you have maybe 2 L7 12's. They get pretty loud with that kind of power.

keeping the type r's might not be a bad idea. other than that, on the power you have maybe 2 L7 12's. They get pretty loud with that kind of power.
Hmm, if the deal breaks through on the whole setup I'll just try sell the amp and get a better amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.