Loud pro audio speakers?

akillj
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CA
Looking for some loud, I mean LOUD pro audio speakers. I'm planning out my new system, sub stage is going to be two HDC4 18"s. I'm looking into going pro-audio as my mids/highs. As a cheaper way to keep up. I'm not sure where to start, I want them to get very loud, but still be decent enough to listen to.

Budget, say, $500? I'm not too worried about tweeters, cause I know many pro-audio tweeters can get very loud with low power. But i'd still like some suggestions on tweets.

I was thinking maybe two Sundown NeoPro 8"s in each door with an FT1 tweet per door? I also heard MMATS Audio has some Pro Audio speakers that are very loud. Thoughts?

I'm probably going to pick up a SoundQubed (Former AQ) Q2-200 for the mids. it does 220W x 2 @ 4 ohms. I already got a small amp for the tweets.

I'd do 2 sets of faital pro 8fe200's and maybe a set of b&c de35 tweeters. If you want to be a real man, find some Image dynamic horn bodies and get some cheap compression drivers and do it right. Those will be much louder than tweets (unless your gonna run like 2 or 3 sets), sound better (MUCH better if you did run 2 or 3 sets of tweets lol). Either way that should be good on your budget. Those Faital pro are 95db/1w/1m so even 1 set would be about as loud as 2 sets of the sundowns. Only downside is they won't play much below 100hz, but subbass to midbass transition isnt' that important at 150db's for most people. PLUS audioque drivers don't have an issue playing higher like alot of bigger car audio woofers. (so i hear, no firsthand experience on that)

Interesting, I haven't heard of Faital. But thanks for the suggestions. I wonder how two of those and those B&Cs would sound..

Have heard a few setups with the sundown neo's, don't care for them at all. Very distorted in the midrange when you push them hard. I've had good luck with the Soundqubed pa mids, selenium, eminence, and dayton PA's.

I run 6 HDC4 18's and my PA stuff keeps up no problem...

Interesting, I haven't heard of Faital. But thanks for the suggestions. I wonder how two of those and those B&Cs would sound..
Should be very good, louder than the SA's for sure. Faital pro makes very good speakers, I've ran a few sets and never had alot of issue, SQ can be good if tuned right. Instead of getting car audio that attempts to mimic pro audio, just go straight to the source. Ebay tends to have good deals on faital pro stuff too!

Should be very good, louder than the SA's for sure. Faital pro makes very good speakers, I've ran a few sets and never had alot of issue, SQ can be good if tuned right. Instead of getting car audio that attempts to mimic pro audio, just go straight to the source. Ebay tends to have good deals on faital pro stuff too!
Very convincing. I'll check their stuff out, cheap too so doesn't seem like I can go wrong. Thanks bud

What other PA mids would you compare the Faitals to? Been wanting to try them out, just haven't had a chance yet.

Reminds me a bit of the 18sounds speakers. Not as neutral as say a B&C mid, those while loud, tend to be SUPER low distortion and very flat sounding. The faitals while low distortion are a bit more colored. Think of it as a ferrari vs a BMW. Both are super driving machines, one is just a bit more flashy than the other.

Reminds me a bit of the 18sounds speakers. Not as neutral as say a B&C mid, those while loud, tend to be SUPER low distortion and very flat sounding. The faitals while low distortion are a bit more colored. Think of it as a ferrari vs a BMW. Both are super driving machines, one is just a bit more flashy than the other.
How would you compare them to Selenium then? I like the sound of the Seleniums, plenty loud and pretty aggressive, but not blaring/distorted at all...

I haven't heard too many selenium drivers, but from what I remember, should be similar, with the faitals being higher quality overall. I know one guy who used to run the jbl 2118h's which are legendary in SQ for car audio. He liked the sound of his faital 8fe's better and he does know good sound, for the price they are very impressive.

Lol good thread
Thanks for your helpful input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

I haven't heard too many selenium drivers, but from what I remember, should be similar, with the faitals being higher quality overall. I know one guy who used to run the jbl 2118h's which are legendary in SQ for car audio. He liked the sound of his faital 8fe's better and he does know good sound, for the price they are very impressive.
Selenium is made my JBL. I just dropped the HPF to 63Hz on the 15's in my doors, man did they come alive down low....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.