Loud Daily Driver Box

Participant count
  • Participant list

brokeitagain
10+ year member

auto body tech:)
MO
im going to do 2 L7 12'' in my blazer soon. Im gonna try 6.5 cubes, 2- 3''W x 13.25''H x 14.5''D slot ports. I am hoping this gets me somewhere, i gave up on the Memphis M3's They just arent loud enough. I am considering using 2 Kicker ZX 1500.1's or 2 ZX 1000.1's to power them, Maybe 1 ZX 2500.1

My box is going to be 36''W x 15''H x 25.75''D

What i want to know is: Will this be a good loud setup for my blazer, Kicker reccomends 3.25 cuft after displacement per sub With one 13.5 x 3 x 14.5 D port for a single sub, i am planning on doubling everything to run two subs. Will this be correct?

Does any one have a better suggestion?

I am using a single L7 12'' that the car audio shop owner let me use for a few days to see if i like it. For now i have a Memphis PR 1.1000 powering them but soon i will pick the amps i will run

i would need dual 2 ohm subs, i dont think the zx 2500 does 1 ohm, Dual 4 will only get me 1 or 4 ohm

it'll do 1 ohm if you have a decent electrical system. i run my kx at 1.4 with a 240a alt, 2 yellow tops, and 1/0 big 3 and i dont get any dimming if i'm driving. drops to about 12.5v if i'm at idle and full tilt.

dont try that without at least an upgraded alternator and big 3 though.

although to be honest, it should do enough power at 2 ohms to run those l7's hard. not really any sense dropping it to 1 and pulling the extra current.

the box is the issue i have atm. i need to be sure what i have planned is going to be right

BTW: I just talked to the audio shop owner im supposed to be getting the '08 models

How big and how much port then. I dont wanna build 500 boxes and not be happy. I dont Just want SPL i want to be able to use it to listen to music too, But i want it to be loud

How big and how much port then. I dont wanna build 500 boxes and not be happy. I dont Just want SPL i want to be able to use it to listen to music too, But i want it to be loud
2.5ish cubes per sub, imo. Once you start going so big you lose peaks and mechanical power handling drops.

So i need 5 cubes after sub and port displacement. I dont know the displacement on the subs yet, Im getting the '08 L7's and kicker does not have that up yet on their site, I would like to know how much port i need. 50 sqin? How long?

If i can figure out what i need for a port i will do a single center slot port. it will help brace the top and bottom of the box and i wont have to add so much bracing. I plan on resining the inside of the box, just because i know how to now,

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.