lots of skipping

rriicckk787
10+ year member

trenton
yo, for a while now everytime i put a cd in the car and play it loud it starts skipping. At first i thought it was cuz they were these real cheap blank cds that i copied musinc onto. But now even when i play a cd that i bought at the store the music starts skipping when the volume is loud. If i leave it low theres no skipping at all. I cheched all the cds, most of the ones without scratches still skip. It is a pioneer head unit. Its in an older model camaro so i needed to buy the adapter bracket so it would fit in the space. Could it be that the unit is shaking cause its only hanging from the little bracket in the front?

Yeah, I had the same problem. I have a kenwood kdc 679 hu so I just got the kenwood 6cd disc changer and put it under the passenger seat. The changer is supposed to be anti-vibration, but after about a week under the seat, the cd changer started skipping at volume 20/35 on da blow by lil jon on crunk juice. So I just keep it in the backseat passenger foot space where the carpet is and I just put a towel over it to hide it and it don't skip no more.

-There are ways to fix your hu without buying a changer, like providing support on the rear of the hu or using some type of absorption foam back there usually works from what I've heard from other people.

My friend had the same problem. All you need to do is well what they all said. If that does not work try to place something soft that can absorb vibration around the edges of the unit. That should work also.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.