Looks out of phase only through phone.

Taxed1

CarAudio.com Newbie
Has anyone ever seen this through their phone’s camera. The subs look almost out of phase but they have been triple checked. Even busted out the old 9 volt battery polarity tester. Both leads from the amp are the same exact length. All internal leads are the same length. Ohms out at 1 ohm so if one lead, either inside or outside, was wrong that would be a given. It is on a SIA-3500. I will be checking my other cars subs tomorrow with this same phone & I will update the post with my findings. Using the naked eye there is no problem whatsoever but when recorded it almost looks out of phase. Could it be the dual aero ports causing weird things that cannot be seen with the naked eye unless recorded or is the phone a piece of crap with processing going on.

It sounds perfectly fine.

its the way the capture sensor in your recording device captures the video by scanning side to side which causes the visual artifact. If they were out of phase there would be alot of movement with not much sound

It’s a camera artifact. On camera, I have seen my sub look like the cone is moving further on one side than the other. Which is obviously not possible.

Thanks guys for your input. I recorded another video using another system & I see it happen there also using the same iPhone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...