Looking for tips & help

Participant count
  • Participant list

97cavy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Albany, NY
Im looking for a way for my first set up sound better. Right now im running a pioneer 4400 deck powering the stock speakers (next on agenda to get replaced!). I have 4 gauge power wire running to a zapco ag 350, powering 2 infinity kappa perfect 12.1''s in a ported box. Right now Im really looking from more spl without losing TOO much sq, just wondering if anyone on here who is more experienced then me has any tips/hints into what i could do.

Thanks

97cavy,

is that zapco a 2 channel amp? do you have it bridged? is it 1 ohm stable?

are your subs in a partitioned box (each has it's own independant chamber) are your

ports properly tuned to manufactures specs?

all of these are factors. and i would bridge that amp to mono running the subs parrallel

as long as the amp can handle that kind of load (if not it will just cut out consistantly) amplify a set of new speakers up front. and according to your budget maybe look into purchasing another component such as a crossover or EQ with a db boost!!

good luck i hope this is usefull info to you!

Hey, yeah, the amp is a 2 chan. and i have it bridged. I dont think its stable down to 1 ohm, but not 100% sure, havent been able to find any info on it goin down to 1 ohm, the amp just says 2 & 4 ohm on the speaker term. I was thinking about gettin an eq, if so which one for a reasonable price is good? Thanks

97cavy,

If you have your amp brigded so it is 1 channel and you are running 2 subs off of that single bridged channel I think you are running it in 1 ohm already. As for the EQ it totally depends what your price range is. Its kind of like anything else, you get what you pay for, but a good EQ with options like sub control etc. is worth the extra coin. right now i have a crossover that works good with sub control it was around $200 canadian money (you do the math) I also used to own a small 5 band kenwood EQ with sub cut off and gain which being a 5 band rather than 12 or 13 band may be a place to start if price is the issue. there are some cheaper options which i have no experience with such as boss or audiovox that may work for what you want if you just want some db boost to your sub amplifier.

do some research and let me know!

good luck //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.