Good song to tune stereo?

You'll need a few songs, if music is what you want to tune with.

I use a song that produces distortion to speakers easily to set my crossover frequencies. "Phatty Girl" as well as Lil Jon's "Bia Bia" is good for that. Then I use a loud female song, recently it's been J-Lo, but before it was Jewel to make sure the speakers aren't set to be too SHRILL. Then I find a rock song, to test the channel seperation(which is what I call it anyways). I use Rob Zombie "Dragula" for that. The final piece is to set up the sub level, if you like musical subs and not just loud. A good slow song will do that nicely, I use Staind "Been awhile" and Eric Clapton "Change the World." The bass starts out as an annoying hum thru the song, so I turn the sub level down until it blends in.

Just my 2 cents.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

That is where you are VERY VERY VERY wrong Audiolife. I wouldn't adjust my system with rap in general, but that particular song is VERY helpful in adjusting your crossovers/filters. I think you made a judgement without knowing the particular song first, lol.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

anytime you wanna go to school on tuning lemme know cause i can tell you have NO clue...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif you cant propperly tune to "pop" music has no stage or anything standard as a tone

Since you said stereo that means left right channels and such, and over sq treble and bass.

Shefield Drive is a great cd, I have it and if you play the sandford and sons theme song it actully has over tones.

The knight rider theme is a good choice too.

well considering the fact that I..we wont go there im hummble. lets just say tunning to music is horrid..why? from a starting point you have no refference to what actuals are going on such as..what are your TRUE PEAKS and DIPS. PLUS you dont have any idea where the true resenate freq of your system until you have played test tones..pink noise also helps. voices, strings, horns, drums in pure sense are far better to tune from as you can feel and imagine it being REAL.. imaging staging..blah blah blah would be impossible to "set" from the crapy ol street gangsta music..which is recorded like po0opo0o

Well, I would think it would be a good idea to tune your system to the type of music you'll be listening to.

So what you're saying is a test tone CD would be good for tuning.

auto sound 2000 discs have many tracks..phase tracks, imaging tracks, test tones pink noise ,spl tracks good music also with real imaging recording that is how you tune

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.