Looking for an opinion on speakers (and ultimately amp combo).

Participant count
  • Participant list
it is very important to know just as well, as what vehicle these speakers are going in, as some of these speakers may be too deep for the locations?What vehicle are you putting the speakers in?

it is very important to know just as well, as what vehicle these speakers are going in, as some of these speakers may be too deep for the locations?What vehicle are you putting the speakers in?
03 Elantra Sedan.

Just Googled the depth available in the front and it looks like 2.25" with the windows down.

The Image dynamics are too deep, but the CDT, and the Polk, and JBL will fit depth wise.All three are great speakers,the CDT would be my first choice out of the three

The Image dynamics are too deep, but the CDT, and the Polk, and JBL will fit depth wise.All three are great speakers,the CDT would be my first choice out of the three
I really appreciate the help. I'll talk to my lady about the CDT component set. If she doesn't want tweeters mounted, then it looks like we'll go with the Polk dB series coaxials.

The Polk's handle the wattage I want to power to them too which is nice.

I was in the same boat as you OP. I got out of audio when David was still as Resonant Engineering, and "custom" subs didn't just have a different basket and dustcap..

With that said, I love CDT.(look at my sig..I think I have all their Es-0 stuff hahah) I really enjoy their warm and clean sound. I listen to a lot of metal and occassional funk, so strong midbass ( Rob Zombie comes to mind) or some old musical funkiness ( War "spill the wine") really are my test tracks when I listen to new speakers.

I can tell you that 50$ more on a well-balanced frontstage can pay off quite well.

Also, if you are a DIY guy, things like some old Mach5's, or some peerless/vifa/dayton drivers would be a good choice, and pick up a separate xover for them. However the cdt's work so well becauss they wete designed as "packages", so to speak. Their crossovers are tailored to make their speakers sound phenominal(as all companies do with their products).

I think you might enjoy the hd62's, or perhaps some vifa Xt25 tweeters and some SLS drivers from peerless if you have the room.

I can only tell you that before I got into the system I habe now, it all started with listening to some cdt es-06's free air..

This isn't my main hobby,either. I have a 87 grand national that is mid-build, so if I can justify taking money away from a car like that to put towards cdt...that should tell you a lot.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.