Looking for a NAV system for my new Vette

-E-

LA
Just ordered a new C6, should be getting it in about a month. I didn't opt for the factory NAV because it's part of an option package that I really had no interest in.

So I'm looking to go with an aftermarket NAV setup. I've currently got a 20gig Kenwood Music Keg that I use with a Kenwood CD deck. I'd like to retain that Music Keg unless somebody has a better suggestion. Either way, this has lead me to look into Kenwood NAV systems to they will be compatible.

Does anybody have any opinions on this Kenwood system? I've searched a bit but couldn't find any reviews of either unit. It looks clean and can be had for around $1200. Any other suggestions, or is this a pretty good setup?

DDX6019 in-dash DVD player

KNA-G510 navigation system

h700NAV6019-f1_.jpeg

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Ic3pjh1AI0l/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=182350&I=700NAV6019

Thanks for any help.

also if you stray away from a kenwood head you can still use the keg. just get the kenwood kcar60 fm mod controller. i know its fm but it would let you keep the keg

I'm pretty sure that it's not a Bose system.

I'd prefer not to go the FM mod route...the sound quality just isn't the same. Is there a different kind of HD setup that would work with a different Nav unit?

yeah eclipse has a nav unit with the hard drive built into the unit. good thing its not bose. I havent had the pleasure of working on the c6 bose audio set-up yet but doubt you'd have the luxury of being able to just change the head. i can understand your not wanting to go fm just thought i'd let you know the option is out there.

My previous Vette had a Bose system and the entire thing had to be rewired. Wasn't gonna make that mistake again.

I've heard great things about Eclipse equipment but the navigation interface doesn't look as good as some of the other systems. So I guess I've already decided on what I'd like to get. However I've never had any real world experience with any of these things.

Just wondering if anybody else did?

yeah eclipse has a nav unit with the hard drive built into the unit. good thing its not bose. I havent had the pleasure of working on the c6 bose audio set-up yet but doubt you'd have the luxury of being able to just change the head. i can understand your not wanting to go fm just thought i'd let you know the option is out there.
We have put and AVN5435 and AVN5500 into two C6 Corvettes. Made custom trim rings for them, but fitment was good. We are currently putting an AVN6600 into a C5 Z06, much harder task.

Both C6's had Bose and we removed all the Bost and installed speakers and amps, but if your Vette doesn't have Bose, adding an Eclipse unit (I like the 6600, unless you are going for strickly NAV, then the 5500 would suffice) is a good option.

We have put and AVN5435 and AVN5500 into two C6 Corvettes. Made custom trim rings for them, but fitment was good. We are currently putting an AVN6600 into a C5 Z06, much harder task.Both C6's had Bose and we removed all the Bost and installed speakers and amps, but if your Vette doesn't have Bose, adding an Eclipse unit (I like the 6600, unless you are going for strickly NAV, then the 5500 would suffice) is a good option.

Thanks for the input.

So basically you're reccomend that I go with an Eclipse unit over the Kenwood.

trade my avic-n2 for your vette?

Haha, sure thing. I'll even let you bone my sister while we're at it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Thanks for the input.
So basically you're reccomend that I go with an Eclipse unit over the Kenwood.
Sorry, thats not what I meant. We install Eclipse units. They are good units, and the new AVN6600 is very nice feature wise (Full iPod control, Sat Radio Ready, good EQ features, dual DVD drives, etc.). I have no knowledge of the Kenwood units. The Eclipse AVN's are an all in one design, no separate unit for the NAV disc of anything like that. I also like the look and ease of use of the NAV (if you have ever been in a recent Toyota or Lexus, they use the same NAV software).

$1700 retail on the AVN5500 and $2000 retail on the AVN6600.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.